Are Apollo bikes any good?

We don't have a cycling section, so I thought this was the best place to post.

I have seen what looks to be a good offer on an Apollo hybrid bike at Halfords, but I can't find many reviews on it.

I already have a bike, but I'm starting to think maybe I need something lighter for commuting. Mine is full suspension and weighs 20kgs.

I only have a limited budget, but I don't want to buy something if it is going to be poor quality, can anyone help please? :help:

Also, does anyone want to buy a second hand full suspension mountain bike? :hihi:

Avoid Apollo bikes!!! In fact don't go to Halfords for bikes at all, way over-priced and poor quality generally. If you don't want to pay £400 which is about what you would need for a decent bike (JE James), Decathlon bikes aren't bad at all. Get yourself a hybrid bike for general commutes and/or light off-roading. You will not be disappointing. I ride a Trek Hybrid, brilliant bike.

We don't have a cycling section, so I thought this was the best place to post.

I have seen what looks to be a good offer on an Apollo hybrid bike at Halfords, but I can't find many reviews on it.

I already have a bike, but I'm starting to think maybe I need something lighter for commuting. Mine is full suspension and weighs 20kgs.

I only have a limited budget, but I don't want to buy something if it is going to be poor quality, can anyone help please? :help:

I'm not really a serious cyclist, I just ride to work mostly, sometimes through the woods.

riding to work requires a dependable bike. i use a trek hybrid as an errand bike (also have a trek road bike) so have looked up the least expensive trek hybrid for you to compare the apollo to.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/trek-70-fx-ladies-hybrid-bike-id72176.html

to give you an idea: pull up the apollo and the trek on their respective websites and mouse-over the brakes on each...easy to see a difference here.

i recommend visiting the store and seeing each bike in person. good luck!