Are Apollo bikes any good?

They should name you the Green Giant,you are just amazing and so humble with it.You did have a bike stolen last year(I recall) so perhaps you have learnt to purchase a decent lock this time?:hihi:

One was mine in the back of my car. Lock wouldn't have helped.

Wife's was locked with a gold sold secure lock, but that one was user error. She won't be told either!

• 10 months later...
Avoid Apollo bikes!!! In fact don't go to Halfords for bikes at all, way over-priced and poor quality generally. If you don't want to pay £400 which is about what you would need for a decent bike (JE James), Decathlon bikes aren't bad at all. Get yourself a hybrid bike for general commutes and/or light off-roading. You will not be disappointing. I ride a Trek Hybrid, brilliant bike.

Yep, same advice, avoid like the plague

they are cheap tacky bikes which do not last,your better of buying a decent named second hand bike to suit your needs, it'll last longer:gag::gag:

This thread is quite old now, I've (long) since bought a new bike :hihi:

I ended up going for a Decathlon mountain bike, the Rockrider 5.2. It seems really good value for the money I paid (£230) and the spec you get. It's aluminium and quite a bit lighter at 14kg.

I've done over 1100 miles on it so far, and I have no complaints :)

I got a Boardman from Halfords, only because it was is well made and it had a high spec for the money. I wouldn't let their bike mechanics any where near for anything other than small routine maintanence. A hard lesson learnt through experience with my other bike.

I got a Boardman from Halfords, only because it was is well made and it had a high spec for the money. I wouldn't let their bike mechanics any where near for anything other than small routine maintanence. A hard lesson learnt through experience with my other bike.

Last I heard, all boardman bikes were being scrapped as they had found a fault with the alloy, Halfords were chopping them with an angle grinder and throwing them in the skip, all brand new bikes.

no one was allowed to take the wheels or any other parts.

Just shows what they pay for em if they can do this:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Avoid Apollo bikes!!! In fact don't go to Halfords for bikes at all, way over-priced and poor quality generally. If you don't want to pay £400 which is about what you would need for a decent bike (JE James), Decathlon bikes aren't bad at all. Get yourself a hybrid bike for general commutes and/or light off-roading. You will not be disappointing. I ride a Trek Hybrid, brilliant bike.

I've got a B'twin Triban 3 from Decathlon, it's got some great reviews which made me purchase one last year.

Last I heard, all boardman bikes were being scrapped as they had found a fault with the alloy, Halfords were chopping them with an angle grinder and throwing them in the skip, all brand new bikes.

Where they chopping the bikes without alloy frames?

bet it was a bloke in a pub told you this ... while you were drinking your eighth pint ..... and he was winking to his mate

if either or both of you were serious, then someone failed to attend the school of common sense