Charity adverts..are we being bombarded at the moment ??

In the last hour I've seen adverts for Anthony Nolan Trust, Macmillan Cancer Trust, Water Aid, Save the Children, Oxfam and NSPCC.

I know it's not charitable but it's now becoming tedious. Especially as many are showing situations that have remained unchanged since we were supposed to feed the world 30 years ago !!

Perhaps they are tedious to you, I find the ones showing malnourished people to be upsetting.

With regards to cancer, there isn't a cure at the moment and research is very expensive. I do know that some charities like kidscape & childline do excellent work for children and are dependent on donations from the public.

Sorry if that ruins your afternoons viewing

Perhaps they are tedious to you, I find the ones showing malnourished people to be upsetting.

With regards to cancer, there isn't a cure at the moment and research is very expensive. I do know that some charities like kidscape & childline do excellent work for children and are dependent on donations from the public.

Sorry if that ruins your afternoons viewing

There was a representative from Oxfam on the Today programme a few mornings ago saying that they wanted to move away from pictures of starving Africans and show a more upbeat message, about how great and colourful and wonderful Africa could be. She said some of the old fashioned ones were embarrassing and patronising. I saw one of these more upbeat messages in the Observer yesterday.

In the last hour I've seen adverts for Anthony Nolan Trust, Macmillan Cancer Trust, Water Aid, Save the Children, Oxfam and NSPCC.

I know it's not charitable but it's now becoming tedious. Especially as many are showing situations that have remained unchanged since we were supposed to feed the world 30 years ago !!

Give me an hour of these opposed to 5 mins of " Only way is Essex" or " Made in Chelsea",

The adverts are more regular this time of year, they don't bother me and some tell a very important message. I will say though the ones showing the children in Africa and such, upsetting as they are for people perhaps, we could start by educating them in the art of contraception.

I'm sorry but how often do we see it, with 3 little kids, and a new born one in their arms, educate them then that will be a start to helping them.

I can agree slightly, but at Christmas, there is always gonna be message after message. I saw 2...maybe 3 Oxfam adverts in the same break the other day, it does get a bit annoying after a bit, especially when I've made my mind up whether I'm donating or not.

I'd rather watch an informative advert for a charity than one pushing a brand of washing powder. That said it's a shame that charities need to spend large amounts of money on TV adverts when they're a good fit for promoting themselves via supporters on social media, forums etc. Oxfam spends about a third of it's management and admin budget on fundraising which is a lot of money.

Archived