Compulsory litter picking outside your own house.

I have fairly recently got a dog, and so now I walk all around the streets nearby having not really done so previously.

Its a fairly nice area and it sadens me to see all the litter around directly in front of peoples houses, and when I'm walking my dog on these streets everyday its the same litter I see just been sitting there all the while.

I dont understand how people can just walk past it everyday and not feel compelled to pick it up, do they not have any pride in their suroundings? I always pick up the litter that is directly in front of and near my house.

Should some sort of law be brought in to make people pick up the litter that directly in front of their houses?

I would fully support this and if people are found with litter outside,their name and address should be put in the paper and then posted on the internet.

I have fairly recently got a dog, and so now I walk all around the streets nearby having not really done so previously.

Its a fairly nice area and it sadens me to see all the litter around directly in front of peoples houses, and when I'm walking my dog on these streets everyday its the same litter I see just been sitting there all the while.

I dont understand how people can just walk past it everyday and not feel compelled to pick it up, do they not have any pride in their suroundings? I always pick up the litter that is directly in front of and near my house.

Should some sort of law be brought in to make people pick up the litter that directly in front of their houses?

if it bothers you that much you can help me do my front. i live opposite a shop & takeaway. there is three bins on foot path. an they just throw it on the floor. then it blows on to my front. so how can you bring a law in for somthing that is not your fault ?

if it bothers you that much you can help me do my front. i live opposite a shop & takeaway. there is three bins on foot path. an they just throw it on the floor. then it blows on to my front. so how can you bring a law in for somthing that is not your fault ?

I would say some responsibility lies with the take-away.By putting bins outside they may feel they have done their bit;however were it not for these shops there would be far less litter.Ultimately many people are too lazy to cook and then compound their indolence by littering the streets.

I would fully support this and if people are found with litter outside,their name and address should be put in the paper and then posted on the internet.

What if you do clear your own rubbish up and don't litter (picking up dog poo etc too) but then the blue bin crew come along and dump the contents of a whole blue box on the pavement outside your house?

I don't drop chewing gum, cigarette ends or anything else, I have a bin in the car which is used diligently to avoid littering while I'm out and the recycling isn't even mine. Why should the responsibility for clearing up fall on me?

I can see why people don't want to be responsible for picking up other people's litter, but the more of it that gathers, the more likely it is that unsociable passers-by will feel it's ok to drop more stuff. I tend to pick up outside my own property as a matter of course. I don't think a law would help, rather it should be a custom, like queueing.

The Dog or the Owner. :huh:

I won't be blaming the dog, but the owner can look forward to a nice surprise if I find out who it is. :)

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 19:03 ----------

I hope when you do find out whose dog it is, you drop it through their letter box, unwrapped of course.

There's an idea. :D

Archived