Stop smoking new year

I wont be stopping ,as i enjoy a smoke ,and no amount of Do-Gooder non smokers will change my mind. Yes , it can damage my health, but so can walking across the road or driving. You only live once ,and life is too short to worry about what is good and bad for you. Enjoy it while you are here is my motto.

I will say good on you Penistone, my wife is of the same attitude as yourself and it helps her with the stress of my ill health. I don't knock anyone for smoking as it's just bad luck if anything happens, people smoke all their life & get nothing, so it has to be something of that ilk.

I stopped when I was told that I came within "a week of popping my clogs", if I'd not gone to hospital when I did. I have stopped smoking, lost weight, hardly ever drink now am I better, no my health is deteriorating.

Perhaps I should start again, start boozing, and eating everything in sight at least I'll die happy :hihi::hihi:

I stopped cold turkey 18 months ago, and if i can do it, anyone can.

Be prepared to put on some weight, but other than that It's all benefits financial and healthwise.

---------- Post added 01-01-2013 at 11:50 ----------

I will say good on you Penistone, my wife is of the same attitude as yourself and it helps her with the stress of my ill health. I don't knock anyone for smoking as it's just bad luck if anything happens, people smoke all their life & get nothing, so it has to be something of that ilk.

I stopped when I was told that I came within "a week of popping my clogs", if I'd not gone to hospital when I did. I have stopped smoking, lost weight, hardly ever drink now am I better, no my health is deteriorating.

Perhaps I should start again, start boozing, and eating everything in sight at least I'll die happy :hihi::hihi:

Non smokers die young and some smokers live till 100.

Such is the irony of life!

I stopped cold turkey 18 months ago, and if i can do it, anyone can.

Be prepared to put on some weight, but other than that It's all benefits financial and healthwise.

---------- Post added 01-01-2013 at 11:50 ----------

Non smokers die young and some smokers live till 100.

Such is the irony of life!

Yes it is ironic and sadly, it is what a lot on non smokers don't understand.

Yes it is ironic and sadly, it is what a lot on non smokers don't understand.

What, that choosing not to poison yourself may increase your lifespan? There are many factors that determine when someone will die but smoking tobacco is never going to add years on the other end.

We all know people who smoked and lived a long and fruitful life, so let's ignore all that research tells us about the harm from smoking. In fact, why not hand out free samples of cigarettes in schools and provide smoking lessons? Think of the revenue that could generate.

What, that choosing not to poison yourself may increase your lifespan? There are many factors that determine when someone will die but smoking tobacco is never going to add years on the other end.

We all know people who smoked and lived a long and fruitful life, so let's ignore all that research tells us about the harm from smoking. In fact, why not hand out free samples of cigarettes in schools and provide smoking lessons? Think of the revenue that could generate.

Now you're just being silly, smoking is a lifestyle choice, you made it I did, millions of others have. Sportsmen still smoke, Wiggins being one of them and he's the best cyclist in the world, apparently. The propaganda just wants people to think that sports people don't do it, but they do.

Now you're just being silly, smoking is a lifestyle choice, you made it I did, millions of others have. Sportsmen still smoke, Wiggins being one of them and he's the best cyclist in the world, apparently. The propaganda just wants people to think that sports people don't do it, but they do.

Thats right judging by the fitness of SUFC players(Smoking Untipped F&&&&&& Cigarettes)

I wont be stopping ,as i enjoy a smoke ,and no amount of Do-Gooder non smokers will change my mind. Yes , it can damage my health, but so can walking across the road or driving. You only live once ,and life is too short to worry about what is good and bad for you. Enjoy it while you are here is my motto.

And the others around you that breath in your second hand toxic smoke ???

Walking across a road would be classed as an accidental death .

A car crash would be an accidental death .

I respect your opinion and your motto really I do and do-gooders are what have ruined our country and I hate them all but surely the fact your smoke can harm others ie children bothers you .

So is smoking crack cocaine a lifestyle choice but I don't recommend it. I used to smoke. My pneumonia and two chest operations were a wake-up call. You will find a few athletes who smoke and a majority that don't. How does that prove your point?

Archived