Average Speed Cameras on the motorway

No it doesn't. It's just that you haven't bothered to actually understand what most people dislike about cameras.

I understand you want the carte blanch to choose which laws to comply with, youre always saying speed cameras are not about safety - you`ll have to stop saying that now.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 12:44 ----------

Nearly 50 motorists caught travelling at 66mph were charged with exceeding the speed limit and will appear in court where they could face driving bans, fines, points on their licence and community service.

good - at least 50 crimininals punished, that should cheer P999 up, he was calling for law breakers to be beaten in the street the other day

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 12:47 ----------

Indeed. A few weeks ago I drove the Dronfield Bypass where there were cones and a 50 limit down almost the whole length in both direction without a workman in sight. All it needed was a speed camera to complete the money box.

did you have your seat belt on?

did you have an mot - insurance?

were you over the drink drive limit?

why do you think you, and only you should be allowed to break the law speeding and not be punished for that offence but still you comply with a myriad of other laws every day? hmm?

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 12:48 ----------

I dont think anyone has a problem with speed cameras being put into positions where they will help to prevent fatalities its the cameras that are put in strategic places where they are most likely to catch people out and rake in money.

).

would you rather the punishment for this offence was something non monetary? a couple of days in jail maybe?

why do you think you, and only you should be allowed to break the law speeding and not be punished for that offence but still you comply with a myriad of other laws every day? hmm?

I think you've lost the plot.

Do you think folks should be allowed to fly tip cones around on our highways if there isn't a roadworks or some other point to them?

I understand you want the carte blanch to choose which laws to comply with

Nope, that's 1 point for you not understanding.

youre always saying speed cameras are not about safety - you`ll have to stop saying that now.

There's the second point, I've never said that none of them are about safety.

good - at least 50 crimininals punished, that should cheer P999 up, he was calling for law breakers to be beaten in the street the other day

Did Anna Glypta suggest that only they should be allowed to speed? Or are you just making things up now?

Myriad other laws are sensible and proportionately enforced.

You must live in a high contrast world, because everything appears to be black and white to you.

There are not many people who would disagree with the temporary speed cameras in place for the workforce's protection but am annoyed when the lower speed limit is still in force when no workers are around.

Isn't that because of the change in the road? Often lanes are made narrower, with larger vehicles spilling into the second lane, or there may be a contraflow or redirection of traffic onto the hard shoulder - all hazards that warrant caution and a lower speed?

Archived