Wheelie Bin Cleaner MegaThread

There's a couple in a van who follow the binmen round in S20 and clean black bins and put a plastic bag in them after they have been emptied. Have only seen them a couple of times but assume they do it every fortnight. I keep meaning to look out for them and ask what price they charge so that if it's not too expensive ask to be added to their schedule. Might have to pay an excessive amount to have my embarrassingly filthy bin cleaned in the first place though :-)

If it's the same ones who do ours, it's £2 and they come monthly. They're quite happy for you to leave the cash under a plant pot. Well, I'm hoping I got that right: I spoke to them by chance the other week and we haven't had the following month's collection yet.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, I know you maybe don't want to hear this, but I can never understand why people pay to have their wheelie bin cleaned. If all the waste is wrapped up before placing in the bin, the inside of the bin is kept clean and smell free. If its the outside that bothers you, why?

I clean mine myself, though not very often, with a bucket full of very hot soapy water, swish it round with a mop, and then rinse and drain. Simple!