Wheelie Bin Cleaner MegaThread

My uncle Osama was in this business in the mid 30s. He would go home to home on his old cart, pulled by a equally old horse, and use his Karcher pressure washer to clean the detritus from people's bins. Of course, the bins in those days were not wheelie bins, they were old fashioned tin cans.

:hihi:

My uncle Osama was in this business in the mid 30s. He would go home to home on his old cart, pulled by a equally old horse, and use his Karcher pressure washer to clean the detritus from people's bins. Of course, the bins in those days were not wheelie bins, they were old fashioned tin cans.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have used Mr Whoosh for years. They are brilliant and reliable. Do a fantastic job with both grey and blue bins. Smells great when they are done. They are based in Derby but come to Sheffield. Telephone Number: 01332 299791

Sorry, I know you maybe don't want to hear this, but I can never understand why people pay to have their wheelie bin cleaned. If all the waste is wrapped up before placing in the bin, the inside of the bin is kept clean and smell free. If its the outside that bothers you, why?

I clean mine myself, though not very often, with a bucket full of very hot soapy water, swish it round with a mop, and then rinse and drain. Simple!

Agreed! just chuck a bucket of soapy watter in then swill it round then chuck in some disinfectant, jobs a good en. :hihi:

• 1 month later...

i use a guy called john his company is called "first class cleaning" i think..his number is 01142218500 he's based in arbourthorne but i think he covers loads of different area's......i do know he's strugglin to get his work done due to the bin men going to fortnightly collections but i'm sure he'll sort ya bin out for you if he can..

• 1 month later...

Hi Mr Whoosh is still operating across Sheffield and we do cover parts of S4 and S6 as requested on this thread. Please contact us on 01332 299791 and we will check to see if we are in your area on the day your bin is emptied. Our office is not manned on a daily basis however the answer machine is checked regularly. Thank you

Did anyone used to clean their 'proper' metal dustbins? Dustbins are for rubbish. Or are you judged by the state of the inside of your bin? And does it matter if it is grubby inside?

Ive wondered that for years why clean out a bin then fill it with rubbish,and how do the bin cleaners dispose of the crap they wash out.