Assistance with NHS complaint

Those of you who know me of old know exactly what I'm doing, and the rest of you who are enjoying squabbling and mud slinging will be ignored :thumbsup:

My family stuck it out for the 4 hours as we had all gone down and were able to send dad out for replenishments to the drinking cup we took along in the first place. Sadly, two other children did not receive treatment as it was just not possible to continue to care for them in this setting. One was of particular concern to staff, but had disappeared. Another was under 12 months and had gone way past the capacity of his last nappy, as well as only having 3hour old milk to drink, so after 3 hours the family left without the child receiving treatment

Thank you very much to those who have provided sensible contributions. I will be following them up... as I spoke to the person on the relevant complaintsbline supplied by the practice, but the promised return call has not been received

Those of you who know me of old know exactly what I'm doing, and the rest of you who are enjoying squabbling and mud slinging will be ignored :thumbsup:

You mean anyone who has a differing opinion will be ignored?

Sounds about right :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 00:56 ----------

Thank you very much to those who have provided sensible contributions. I will be following them up... as I spoke to the person on the relevant complaintsbline supplied by the practice, but the promised return call has not been received

Perhaps they have better more important things to do?

You mean anyone who has a differing opinion will be ignored?

Sounds about right :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 00:56 ----------

Perhaps they have better more important things to do?

too right. I'd expect them to deal with the complaint from the family of the baby who had to leave without treatment before they got to mine... although it is all from the same event

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 01:05 ----------

How is manliness linked to breakfast?

Do other meals bestow or bolster characteristics in a similar way?

I love irony :D Don't feed the trolls mike ;)

too right. I'd expect them to deal with the complaint from the family of the baby who had to leave without treatment before they got to mine... although it is all from the same event

Well you know what they say, Wheres theres blames, theres a claim.

Well you know what they say, Wheres theres blames, theres a claim.

They were far more concerned about actually getting treatment for the child

One poster asked why we hadn't gone to the gp. It was Saturday evening. We were there about an ongoing health issue H is under a consultant at Sheffield Children's hospital for... and we were a 2 hour drive from Sheffield at the time

They were far more concerned about actually getting treatment for the child

One poster asked why we hadn't gone to the gp. It was Saturday evening. We were there about an ongoing health issue H is under a consultant at Sheffield Children's hospital for... and we were a 2 hour drive from Sheffield at the time

Why did you even consider starting a four hour round journey knowing you had a child that possibly could have needed admitting to hospital depending on his/her condition. Drop in units are just that, they are there to ease the ever growing strain on A&E departments across the country, not fully functioning hospitals.

Why did you even consider starting a four hour round journey knowing you had a child that possibly could have needed admitting to hospital depending on his/her condition. Drop in units are just that, they are there to ease the ever growing strain on A&E departments across the country, not fully functioning hospitals.

Perhaps if the OP had brought the child to Sheffield they might have been seen more quickly. Its pretty obvious from the opening post that the walk in centre they went to was not in Sheffield, so I'm at a loss why you'd think they made a four hour round trip.

This may surprise the cynical amongst you, but there are lots of people, myself included, who complain about poor service. Not to get 'compo' but to draw attention to it and hopefully improve it for others. I'm pretty sure that's why the OP asked the question.

Hi don't know if you have had any joy with the patient liason service however you could always request a fast-track form, it's basically a sheet of paper where you fill in your complaint and it gets sent to the directors of the NHS trust that you were using (different area's, different care trusts), they have to reply to you within a fixed time scale. This may be easier for your complaint to be heard.

Hope this helps

Chel

Archived