Assistance with NHS complaint

strix

i think you are raising an important issue. I understand why they dont provide food and water. The Hospital usually dont want potential patients to drink and eat prior to been seen. It sounds as if this needs to be looked at. Young children should not be dehydrated because of the long wait.

Most people pay for their health care through national insurance. We need to demand that it is funded to provide a first class service.

too right. I'd expect them to deal with the complaint from the family of the baby who had to leave without treatment before they got to mine... although it is all from the same event

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 01:05 ----------

I love irony :D Don't feed the trolls mike ;)

A troll? Says the man with a meaningless name and no location defending someone who's been on here two minutes. I give my name and location and have been on here for a long time. It seems the threshold for being a troll is getting lower and more subjective and goes along the lines of "You don't agree with me and I'm always right so you must be a troll".

strix

i think you are raising an important issue. I understand why they dont provide food and water. The Hospital usually dont want potential patients to drink and eat prior to been seen. It sounds as if this needs to be looked at. Young children should not be dehydrated because of the long wait.

Most people pay for their health care through national insurance. We need to demand that it is funded to provide a first class service.

It is - if the waste within it was eliminated.

to the OP - good luck with your complaint.

Perhaps if the OP had brought the child to Sheffield they might have been seen more quickly. Its pretty obvious from the opening post that the walk in centre they went to was not in Sheffield, so I'm at a loss why you'd think they made a four hour round trip.

This may surprise the cynical amongst you, but there are lots of people, myself included, who complain about poor service. Not to get 'compo' but to draw attention to it and hopefully improve it for others. I'm pretty sure that's why the OP asked the question.

Why are you at a loss, either way 2 hours from Sheffield, 2 hours return. Regardless of the time spent at the destination it was made knowing the op had a child with health problems and should have been within a reasonable distance to attend the hospital dealing with that child's problems. At any time of the year you should carry fluids, food etc all the obvious but around the xmas period you should be extra vigilant especially with children in the vehicle.

This is just another classic case of not taking responsibility for your own actions. Any trust legal department will just dismiss this allegation with the contempt it deserves. But of course its a Total Posts: 31,025 member, so will as usual be supported by this website.

Why are you at a loss, either way 2 hours from Sheffield, 2 hours return. Regardless of the time spent at the destination it was made knowing the op had a child with health problems and should have been within a reasonable distance to attend the hospital dealing with that child's problems. At any time of the year you should carry fluids, food etc all the obvious but around the xmas period you should be extra vigilant especially with children in the vehicle.

This is just another classic case of not taking responsibility for your own actions. Any trust legal department will just dismiss this allegation with the contempt it deserves. But of course its a Total Posts: 31,025 member, so will as usual be supported by this website.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match, I said I was at a loss because the OP went to the local walk in centre where she was staying at the time. That meant she didn't have a four hour round trip. She also pointed out that they took drinks for the child, and her father went out to get more.

I don't think its unreasonable to let any organisation know when you feel the service is below realistic expectation. Feedback, whether negative or positive is a good thing, and decent managers shouldn't go on the defensive if someone is offering an honest opinion about their experience. There was no suggestion by the OP that she was considering legal action.

BTW, the number of posts a person makes on here has no bearing on the opinion they express or how others perceive it. I would suggest that's pretty obvious from some of the comments on this thread.

Archived