Dryathlon - what a stupid idea!

Has anyone else been asked to sponsor someone for the Cancer Research UK Dryathlon?

I refused as its not an achievement what so ever! You sponsor someone to do something that takes effort, not to not do something! I'm thinking of starting my own called Caviarathlon. People can sponsor me not to each Caviar for a month if they like.

Is this the way charity sponsorship will go from now on?

Edit: Link added: http://www.dryathlon.org.uk/

Ummm..I hate to sound thick, but what is a dryathlon? Is it where you don't get wet for a week? Dry some clothing? Chuck a bucket of water over someone without getting wet yourself? Run a marathon in wet clothing until they're dry? :huh::confused:

Has anyone else been asked to sponsor someone for the Cancer Research UK Dryathlon?

I refused as its not an achievement what so ever! You sponsor someone to do something that takes effort, not to not do something! I'm thinking of starting my own called Caviarathlon. People can sponsor me not to each Caviar for a month if they like.

Is this the way charity sponsorship will go from now on?

Ummm..I hate to sound thick, but what is a dryathlon? Is it where you don't get wet for a week? Dry some clothing? Chuck a bucket of water over someone without getting wet yourself? Run a marathon in wet clothing until they're dry? :huh::confused:

Ah...Just googled it!...Staying off booze for a month!!!!..WHAT!!!!???

I won't be partaking in that bit of nonsense!..Eeeeeek!

It's not stupid at all. Plenty of people have a dry January and plenty more think about it and will appreciate the incentive.

Somewhere along the way Cancer Research raises few quid and raises awareness of the cancerous effects of alcohol.

It seems to from the above that the people who don't like it are the ones who appear to think that chucking a quid in the charity pot requires somebody else to go through the portals of purgatory.

Heaven forfend that somebody should give money to charity just because they want to. Just get yer hands in yer pockets anyway!

Archived