Opinions on Kia Cee'd

If they are not based in the UK why would they pay tax here.

Why would you imagine British workers working in a UK factory would pay tax anywhere other than the UK?

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 23:49 ----------

How would you know if the company that makes cars here is employing British people and not Eastern Europe’s?

Again it makes little difference. If people employed in a British factory are from abroad they still pay tax here.

They are said to be very good if you are happy to see British jobs go overseas.

how does buying a 2nd hand KIA affect British jobs?

how does buying a 2nd hand British car affect British jobs?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Why would you imagine British workers working in a UK factory would pay tax anywhere other than the UK?

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 23:49 ----------

Again it makes little difference. If people employed in a British factory are from abroad they still pay tax here.

Paying tax here doesn't make someone a net contributor to Britain.

What does it matter what jobs/taxes has to do with it? Would you purposely turn down a fantastic car because it didn't contribute to the economy?

Let's get back on topic. From what I've herd Kia's have gotten miles better, a friend had an old Kia and not only was it the ugliest thing I've ever seen, it was just dreadful. I don't think I'd ever consider a Kia, but that's purely because they don't offer the kind of thing I want, on the other hand, some of their cars do look very nice these days. I'd say test drive it, see what you think!

We bought a Kia Ceed 2010 diesel 1.6 model 18 months ago and it has been brilliant. Has definitely saved us money on the amount it consumes, we can get about 40mpg around town and about 60mpg on the motorway. The space inside the car is fine, we are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenage kids and a dog, so we do use the space well. It would be nice to have more boot space but for the few times a year you really need it we use a roof box instead. Highly recommend it.

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd update this thread, a little over a year after having bought one.

We bought a 59 plate Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI (the 89 bhp model).

It is very economical (around 58mpg) if you drive ridiculously slow (55 mph) on motorways, does about 40 mpg round town if you are doing long journeys with no traffic, but in traffic for short journeys it drops to about 35.

But - the RATTLES, oh my GOD! After a few months, the dashboard started rattling - almost a farting like noise, from where the passenger side pillar meets the dash. It stops - sometimes, just about - if you radge a piece of card in there - not the look I want for my otherwise tasteful interior (we got the GS version, it's got a nice looking trim).

Took it to Kia in Barnsley where I bought it, they said it was a loose clip that they'd replaced, and gave it me back.

A few months later, the rattle returned. And then some. More rattles started happening, all over the trim. I could see that where they had put the dash back, the silencer strip is mis-shapen where it meets the windscreen.

Then the rear view mirror started to rattle. SO ANNOYING. If you hold it while you drive, it shuts up. As soon as you let go, it starts again.

The tweeters *occasionally* start to rattle, and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

I take it back to Kia in Sheffield, who tell me that the trim warranty has run out anyway! Apparently that only lasts three years, and the car was at this point about 3 years 2 months. What goodwill they showed!

To make matters worse, recently the screw fell out of my key. I have no idea where or when, as the first I knew of this was when the fob started to fall apart. I went back to Kia Sheffield and was told that they could not provide me with a replacement screw, and that all they could do was order me a new fob and reprogram it - for TWO HUNDRED POUNDS.

This makes a mockery of their warranty and after sales service.

I would warn anyone against buying a Kia on the basis of their supposedly good after sales service and 7 year warranty.

Have had a Ceed 1.4 Diesel for a year now,can't fault it,so economic,drove back to Sheffield from Rojales for around 160 quid.

No problem what so ever and due for 1st service next month,will know more when I get the service costs.

Any car is great until it goes wrong :S

Don't get me wrong, in so many ways I love my car. It's really spacious for the kids in the back (though they complain that the ride is too firm, which I tend to agree on), but the annoyances are, well, downright annoying, and moreover the customer service I've experienced has been pretty poor.

Archived