Spanish locksmiths say "No hay más"

Highly unlikely. Do you imagine that it's locksmiths that are used to actually make people move out of a repossessed property? No, by bailiffs I imagine.

I can imagine two ways in which locksmiths might be used in a repossession, one to unlock a door that the occupier is hiding behind and two to replace the locks after the property has been surrendered.

Both can be solved, one by a bailiff with a big boot, and two by a bailiff with a big sheet of wood and some nails.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 10:13 ----------

Yeah, I'm sure that the banks will be completely stumped by this move. How on earth do we gain access to what is now our property without the help of a locksmith, I just don't know, it's impossible! Not.

The locksmiths are basically refusing to participate in something they consider wrong.

If more people did that, there would be less wrong things done.

If everyone (including bailiffs) refused to participate in processes that are wrong, those things could no longer be done.

That won't happen of course, but, there is a certain critical mass, at which point the reposessions become impractical.

Have you entirely lost touch with you humanity? Do you look at an art masterpiece and just see paint? Talk about missing the point...

This is a story about people caring about other people. Remember when we used to do that? People who lose their homes often commit suicide or end up in dire straits on the streets. Perhaps you won't empathise until it's your turn to sympathise, let's hope that doesn't happen, but if it does you might redefine your interpretation of this story.

This is a story about people not settling their debts and houses getting reposessed. Somewhere along the way somebody has to pay up!

spain/greece/france could show us a thing about sticking together its a pity we dont follow suit :suspect: .mind you we dont because the gov tell us were all in it together :hihi::hihi: and like sheep we beleive them :loopy:

They haven't achieved anything though. The house will still be repossessed.

All it takes is one locksmith to defy the self-imposed ban and he's got lots of trade all to himself!

You must not fall into the myopic view that faced with these circumstances people will pursue self-interest,a view based on your own perspective?

This is a story about people not settling their debts and houses getting reposessed. Somewhere along the way somebody has to pay up!

It's a story about people ripped off by bankers, who are being supported by locksmiths refusing to participate in the unjust reposession of their homes.

Its no laughing matter my wife is Spanish and we have just come back from there and they are having a bad time at the moment,when we go on holidays we don't see what is really happening to the country Valencia is nearly bankrupt with most of the people unemployed houses boarded up and shops closed we think we have had it rough here one of her brothers is a plumber hes not worked for two years or more there is just nothing no money no work.

Archived