Get to the gym or lose benefits!

In other words the only way someone can gain weight it to consume food, and if their body doesn't convert that food to energy it will store it as fat, reduce the amount of food or increase the rate at which the body uses energy to a point where the amount consumed is converted to energy and a person won’t increase in weight, eat less food than there body requires and they will covert fat to energy and lose weight.

it`s not that simple - just off the top, eat less food than the body requires will almost always lead to an initial increase in fat.

man, i could really bore you with eating over or under maintainance levels, makros and splits.

I linked to a very knowledgeable body building website on another thread - you`d benefit from wasting an hour or two reading the advice one there.

first you need to decide are you talking about weight, obesity or BF% and take it from there.

it`s not that simple - just off the top, eat less food than the body requires will almost always lead to an initial increase in fat.

man, i could really bore you with eating over or under maintainance levels, makros and splits.

I linked to a very knowledgeable body building website on another thread - you`d benefit from wasting an hour or two reading the advice one there.

first you need to decide are you talking about weight, obesity or BF% and take it from there.

I think I will leave you with your belief that the laws of the universe somehow don’t apply to fat people.

Obesity is linked to body fat, the only way to move from being obese to being merely overweight is to reduce the amount of body fat.

A sustained calorie deficit will result in your body converting fat to energy, you will loose weight. Even if there were a short period of increasing body fat, you would (by the laws of physics) still be loosing weight.

But the assertion you wanted some proof of wasn't that a calorie deficit would cause weight loss, it was that the majority of obese people are obese because they eat too much and exercise too little. I've given you a link to the NHS website that states exactly that.

Westminster council have suggested that since being obese has a cost to society that anyone who is obese and is being supported by society (ie claiming JSA) should get to the gym and try to loose some weight. I can't see any problem with the basic premise.

What are you wanting me to prove?

That obesity comes from consuming more calories than you expend? Shall I start with the basic theory of the conservation of energy and mass?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Obesity/Pages/Causes.aspx

We could just reference the NHS.

I suppose you could argue with them about it though if you wish.

Are there any other basic, self evident truths that you don't currently believe and that you'd like a reference for?

To expand on that

Which is pretty much identical to what I said.

everything in the world of Cyclone is black and white, it confuses you when something comes along that doesn`t fit, doesn`t it.

you said and I quote - "obesity is caused by eating too much and not excising" which is not what your cut and paste says either.

for the record, I`m not over weight, eat less than 1000Kcals a day and run a min of 5K three times a week but I`m classed as obese - go figure.

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 22:15 ----------

Obesity is linked to body fat, the only way to move from being obese to being merely overweight is to reduce the amount of body fat.

A sustained calorie deficit will result in your body converting fat to energy, you will loose weight. Even if there were a short period of increasing body fat, you would (by the laws of physics) still be loosing weight.

contradict yourself there pal

But the assertion you wanted some proof of wasn't that a calorie deficit would cause weight loss, it was that the majority of obese people are obese because they eat too much and exercise too little. I've given you a link to the NHS website that states exactly that.

you said all obese people, which is obviously not the case

Westminster council have suggested that since being obese has a cost to society that anyone who is obese and is being supported by society (ie claiming JSA) should get to the gym and try to loose some weight. I can't see any problem with the basic premise.

just to add, my BF% is under 12%

Many Olympic Athletes are obese, as are many very high level sports people.

Rugby Players, Heavyweight Boxers, many people who do Athletic events to name a few, these people are naturally obese.

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.

I can't think of any Rugby Players, Heavyweight Boxers, or people that do Athletic events that fit that description.

They are likely over the average weight of other people because of extra muscle mass and bone density which is entirely different to being obese.

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.

I can't think of any Rugby Players, Heavyweight Boxers, or people that do Athletic events that fit that description.

They are likely over the average weight of other people because of extra muscle mass and bone density which is entirely different to being obese.

What about Sumo wrestlers then?:huh::suspect:

everything in the world of Cyclone is black and white, it confuses you when something comes along that doesn`t fit, doesn`t it.

If it pleases you to imagine that this is so then you carry on with it.

you said and I quote - "obesity is caused by eating too much and not excising" which is not what your cut and paste says either.

That is what the NHS says, and I clarified for you "in the majority of cases".

for the record, I`m not over weight, eat less than 1000Kcals a day and run a min of 5K three times a week but I`m classed as obese - go figure.

I can figure it, you fib about what you eat.

contradict yourself there pal

Don't think so, you probably just didn't understand.

you said all obese people, which is obviously not the case

Did you fail to read where I expanded on it for the pedant in your?

What I actually said was that no one was "naturally obese" which is what shef fitness was suggesting.

just to add, my BF% is under 12%

But you're obese are you.

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 23:00 ----------

Many Olympic Athletes are obese, as are many very high level sports people.

Rugby Players, Heavyweight Boxers, many people who do Athletic events to name a few, these people are naturally obese.

I can only assume that you are now referring to BMI, which if you bothered to read the thread I pointed out was fundamentally flawed on page 1.

Archived