Get to the gym or lose benefits!

If certain kidults can't be trusted to make adult decisions for themselves then wiser heads must overrule them, a simple fact of life. Secondly most moderate people are sick of an ever expanding welfare bill and ever expanding recipients of that welfare. No one is proposing the claimants be whipped, just have their lives improved.

What % of the welfare bill goes to pay JSA though?

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 23:05 ----------

Only in work benefit i can think of is wages . . Those people work for. Personally why can peopke not work for their benefits . Litter picking, painting, community tidy up, and other jobs that council cuts wont cover.

Working tax credit ring any bells?

What % of the welfare bill goes to pay JSA though?

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 23:05 ----------

Working tax credit ring any bells?

Plenty at the moment, and no I'm not interested in the figure or looking for it. Abolition of the welfare state makes us Dickensian, telling a few fat states on benefits to sort themselves out is sensible.

I know someone who wrapped his car around a lamppost when drunk. He spent a good while in hospital and has now been given a flat, a social worker, therapist, speech worker, psychologist and several other key workers.

He is able to afford a lifestyle comprising of iphones, flat screen TVs, Xbox games blueray etc. He has also been given free gym membership due to his disability but he has yet to use this facility. His diet is appauling and he is ballooning in weight despite all the people supposedly trying to help him.

I would like to see an enforcement of excercise for benefits in this case. he is costing taxpayers thousands of pounds each month because of his own stupidity.

Plenty at the moment, and no I'm not interested in the figure or looking for it. Abolition of the welfare state makes us Dickensian, telling a few fat states on benefits to sort themselves out is sensible.

Dickens was a great writer,helping people alter their attitudes to the poor.To describe people as "a few fat states"is infantile and offensive,and illustrates how inarticulate you are despite attending a university.

It's something like 1.6%, it was in the news quite a lot recently. It's an amazingly small amount isn't it.

Why do we need gyms ? Sheffield is surrounded by 7 hills , so why not just encourage people to get out and walk more ?? Membership of , and participation in , a walking group costs absolutely nothing , and can have social and networking benefits as well . People could just walk with John Burkhill aka The Green Man and help him with his fundraising at the same time ......

As for MPs , how many of them are technically obese , and what is being done about them ? I reckon arse-width should be included on their "They Work For You" profiles , because if our MPs are getting fatter there will be less room for them to park their lardy asses down in Westminster , which of course has limited space . Does this mean that fewer of them will be allowed , as they can't all fit into the House of Commons ? Just a thought .....

Dickens was a great writer,helping people alter their attitudes to the poor.To describe people as "a few fat states"is infantile and offensive,and illustrates how inarticulate you are despite attending a university.

Ah, he's upset at being made to look foolish in post 590 of the Falklands thread.

Offensive to whom? I don't see many complaining. Perhaps it proves I'm a running dog of western imperialism?

Archived