Penistone rd roundabout

CooLDAD

About time, come the evening rush hour all the traffic coming from Wadsley Bridge effectively has right of way, blocking traffic joining the roundabout from Herries Road and Penistone Rd outbound. I look forward to the change.

If drivers knew how to use a roundabout properly this wouldn't happen.

The re-introduction of policing for a couple of evening rush hours would soon sort this.

About time, come the evening rush hour all the traffic coming from Wadsley Bridge effectively has right of way, blocking traffic joining the roundabout from Herries Road and Penistone Rd outbound. I look forward to the change.

Agree if you get a few hesitant drivers in front it can be a pain.

If it is lights though we will now have to deal with them taking an age to get in gear, handbrake off and dithering.

It's a tricky roundabout to see if the exit is blocked before you get there. Plus you have to deal with suicide buses and cars diving out in front of you. A proper junction may well be a decent solution. Although it is annoying that it's such a drag from Shalesmore to Halifax Road when it's a main route and a short distance and more lights probably won't help this.

The proposals have been well publicised in the past. I can’t access the Sheffield.gov website at present, to check, but I think the proposals are on there. I also think I’ve seen some sort of computer generated “fly-past”, showing the proposals (but I may be mixing it up with something else). Part of the changes tie in with access to and from the new supermarket where Flechers used to be IIRC.

I travel all along Penistone road to work and back each day. High Green to town.

It is where the traffic builds up, and causes ques as people sit on the island and stop others getting past, if its lights at least it will stop that happening.

A massive problem in the morning is people queuing to get into Morrisons, the turning lane isn't big enough and it causes the right hand side of the dual carriage way to come to a halt.

Thats a bigger problem i think.

Archived