Good places to eat near/around Darnall

pintsized

Any more suggestions, please? :)

The fish and Chip restaurant at Orgreave I think called Whitby is supposed to be ok and is relatively near to Darnall. Other than that I think you may have to go into the city centre if you are discounting the chains at Centretainment/meadow all

I went to the old horn inn in bradfield the other night was bloody lovely :)

which is absolutely miles away from Darnall - but otherwise an excellent suggestion.

---------- Post added 08-01-2013 at 17:03 ----------

I'm sure round there a number of Asian restaurants are available

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

oh yes, of that you can be certain!

There's Jewel indian restaurant near to Centertainment. Not been for a while but the food was good. Not as good as Akbars though - but God knows how you get to Akbars from Darnall - even though it's not so far away. Maybe there's a bus that goes Rotherhamish way?

• 2 months later...

I live on Horizon, too. Indus is a great Indian restaurant, good traditional curries, very reasonable and the staff are really nice. Jewel is a bit fancier, with more contemporary food, but is a bit pricier, too. Smokey's on Attercliffe Road does really nice Tex Mex BBQ type food, but is more of a takeaway as it's normally very quiet in there.

We used to go to the White Rose, but the food has gone right downhill in the past year or so. The Sword Dancer (new Hungry Horse) is better, but still no great shakes compared to other Hungry Horse places I've visited.

Archived