Murder in Ellesmere Road Pitsmoor 1959 - 60?

floater

can anyone re-call a murder in about 1959 - 60. As I remember a lady was murdered in her home on Ellesmere Road. She was a music teacher who used her home to give piano lessons.

I have tried googling it but came up with nothing.

Police conducted house to house enquiries, and interviewed everybody who lived in the area. Seems like there is only me that remembers this incident! I know it took place, because I was courting at the time, and the police had to arrange to come back and interview my boyfriend(I later married him)

I do think they soved the crime, but I cannot remember who it was that murdered her. Can anybody help me?

can anyone re-call a murder in about 1959 - 60. As I remember a lady was murdered in her home on Ellesmere Road. She was a music teacher who used her home to give piano lessons.

I have tried googling it but came up with nothing.

Police conducted house to house enquiries, and interviewed everybody who lived in the area.

Was this at Xmas time,if so a drunk had tried to rob her and things went too far obviously.The police were based at the vicarage hall at the top of Carwood Rd.My mother heard a woman in Billy Limbs butchers saying that I might have something to do with it as the police were at our house a lot.Mom was ******,the police was as detective sargeant, a uncle of mine on the case.

Edited by mort
fixed quotes

thanks for yor reply beezerboy, but dont think it was christmastime. the weather was far too good.

There was one near All Saints, I think it may have been a little later and the name Russian Edna comes to mind. But then everyone knew a Russian Edna in those days.

Was this at Xmas time,if so a drunk had tried to rob her and things went too far obviously.The police were based at the vicarage hall at the top of Carwood Rd.My mother heard a woman in Billy Limbs butchers saying that I might have something to do with it as the police were at our house a lot.Mom was ******,the police was as detective sargeant, a uncle of mine on the case.

There was one around Ellesmere Road at Christmas time around 1961 i worked at Spear & Jacksons and the Policeman did comment that a lot of people "including me" had been to Christmas parties

There was one near All Saints, I think it may have been a little later and the name Russian Edna comes to mind. But then everyone knew a Russian Edna in those days.

Russian Edna did live near All Saints on Sedan St she left the area to live with Duke of Darnall and was murdered in Highhazels park by an American soldier l believe ArferMo

Russian Edna did live near All Saints on Sedan St she left the area to live with Duke of Darnall and was murdered in Highhazels park by an American soldier l believe ArferMo

I'm fairly certain that's just an urban myth, based around the Darnall connection. I can tell you on the night in of her killing she was picked up in the "Sportsman" on Cambridge Street. A taxi took them to Darnall where then went into High Hazel's Park. She was suffocated and died by the bandstand.

More info here.