Ski village not reopening

Pook

Should it Reopen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should it Reopen?

• Yes
    • No

I think they're trying every trick in the book to get their 'exciting and essential' development built, which by a strange coincidence will make them millions of pounds.

would you invest 80 million and not expect to make a profit if it was not for the ski slope the landfill site would be three times bigger

I bet if this was some crappy version of the olympics or some games event that few people have heard of they'd jump at it.

It seems a shame, that sounds like a good development.

I agree that the owners would make a lot of money from it, but they are a business, that's what they should be doing. At the same time this would create jobs and bring more trade in to our city, that's a good thing.

:confused: Why do the developers need the houses at Beeley Wood to be able to develop the ski village at Parkwood/Neepsend?

possibly to subsidise the ski resort if they cant make enough money from it?

I am also suspicous as the article linked implies the council wants to build houses on this site with its own plan that has not got adequate funding. The ski resort people seems like the ideal solution unless I am missing some important piece of information?

The council cant be held responsible for the fact the ski village might have to close.

I always suspected the developers were basically saying 'we will deliver this great ski resort development- if you give us planning permission for this housing development'. Thats not how planning works. If they've always said the site isnt suitable for housing and the developers pressed ahead spending time and money regardless then somebody wasnt listening.

I think they're trying every trick in the book to get their 'exciting and essential' development built, which by a strange coincidence will make them millions of pounds.

I'm with butchill 100% on this one, what sort of left wing ill concieved garbage is this? Investment requires a return metalman, pension funds invest heavilly in companies that attempt to make millions, I presume that you would wish them to make a loss. :loopy:

Archived