Social Housing Applicants Must Reveal Their Nationality

Thank god we do, I'd hate to make a family homeless just becuase they're born somewhere else, but then again I'm not a racist.

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 00:12 ----------

thanks mate.

If anyone comes to this country to live they must be prepared to support themselves why should we have to pay for them?

If anyone comes to this country to live they must be prepared to support themselves why should we have to pay for them?

But why does their nationality matter? Would you rather pay less tax and see families homeless? Housing is a basic need for everyone and the more immigration we have the better the UK becomes.

But why does their nationality matter? Would you rather pay less tax and see families homeless? Housing is a basic need for everyone and the more immigration we have the better the UK becomes.

NO The infra structure cannot cope with the population increase. The statisticians etc etc say a maximum of 70 million. we need balanced immigration and a falling birthrate.

and again I repeat and feel free to misquote as I'm sure you will (just like any toddler who finds a way to annoy a reasonable adult) the question may be to protect AGAINST racism rather than perpetuate it.

there nationality doesn't matter if they deliberately came to this country with no means to support them selves its there own fault there homeless. we cant afford give everyone who comes here a free house

yes its easy but very petty to misquote, so please edit your post in the racisism in the country thread..............................I am not and suspect I never will be your mate either

Please report any misquoted posts, and the moderating team will take a look.

Deliberate misquotes will be removed and further action may be taken.

OK. We have different opinions. My opinion is that British born people should always get priority housing as it is our country.

I think the best opinion to hold is that "The person /family most in need of the property at the time, (who are entitled to it) should be the ones to be offered the property".

For example, there's no point in giving a 90 year old, who already has a property, that empty three bedroomed house, when there's a homeless family with three children, suffering in a bed and breakfast. (No matter what their nationality, if they are entitled to be offered a home)

No those most in need of social housing should get prority, where they're born makes no difference.

There are Billions of people in more need of housing from places like Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe, how do you propose we house everyone that wants to come here?

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 07:08 ----------

Only if you don't mind the poorest becoming poorer and don't mind increasing housing, energy and food costs as well as congestion on our roads, longer waiting lists in the NHS and lower standards of education.

So how do you think the UK would be better with another 10,000,000 immigrants?

Archived