Social Housing Applicants Must Reveal Their Nationality

Detail of nationality/citizenship is already required in this country because not everyone is entitled to social housing. All British and Republic of Ireland citizens are, not all EU citizens are, many non-EU/EEA citizens are not entitled to it, and anyone subject to immigration control (i.e. no status in the UK) is not entitled to it.

---------- Post added 11-01-2013 at 20:26 ----------

How are the non-EU communities, such Somali's, housed in Sheffield? I doubt its council houses they're in and I cant imagine they've got the wherewithal to come here blind and then take their chances on the private rental market.

Actually there are a number of Somali refugees in Council properties, although many are in private rented as well. Eastern European migrants, on the other hand, tend to live in private rented house shares. People of Pakistani origin are more likely to live in owner occupied properties in the cheaper areas of Sheffield.

British born people should always get priority for social housing over foreigners as it is our country.
Rule Britannia, two tanners make a bob, three make one and six, and four two bob. And don't you forget it.:hihi: Good to know I can always come home, and get a place instead of some foreign wallah.

To divert the debate away from building millions of new units of council housing.

Get the building debate going.

If people are fighting over access to council housing there clearly ain't enough of it. We have plenty of space.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 23:58 ----------

If we are to have social housing for anyone, we need to build and provide it in the first place. The majority of it has been sold off, demolished or given away.

We need to build some social housing. Then we can start handing it out!

Pension funds are often invested in house building, but when certain people have no intention of paying into any pension funds,remember ?????? Where will the investment come from ??????

How are the non-EU communities, such Somali's, housed in Sheffield? I doubt its council houses they're in and I cant imagine they've got the wherewithal to come here blind and then take their chances on the private rental market.

try talking to the residents of netherthorpe and they will tell you the somalis were given the new build houses a few yrs ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/02/social-housing-applicants-nationality_n_2397133.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Is there any point in forcing people to reveal their nationality? Unless you're a racist then why does it matter? Whats wrong with just issuing social housing on peoples need regardless of their nationality?

it might be to stop queue jumping and all fiddlers of different nations

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/02/social-housing-applicants-nationality_n_2397133.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Is there any point in forcing people to reveal their nationality? Unless you're a racist then why does it matter? Whats wrong with just issuing social housing on peoples need regardless of their nationality?

It needs to be done because the UK taxpayer has a right to know where their money is going! It's called democracy! I suspect that if people knew the truth, they would rise up with great anger!

Eric Pickles: Influx of migrants will 'cause problems' for the housing market

He warned that the expanding migrant population will put increased pressure on both the private and social housing sectors, but he refused to say how many Romanians and Bulgarians the Government expects to flood into the country after getting the right to live and work in the UK.

Twenty nine million Bulgarians and Romanians will gain the right to live and work unrestricted in Britain in 2014 under European “freedom of movement” rules.

This should make a bad situation even worse.

Archived