Car servicing question

• 2 months later...
We use this guy for my wife's car (which is out of manufacturers warranty).

I'm really fussy about things automotive but I trust him implicitly (although he is a bit strange to deal with. (i.e. miserable)

http://www.isouthyorkshire.com/profile/222465/Sheffield/David-Badger/

HAH ! I had to laugh when reading this post. I was put onto David Badger by the insurance company to straighten the chassis of my old Westfield when I bent it, way back in Feb 1990. Malcolm Woods (the consulting engineer for the insurance company) reckoned Badger did a good job but I found his customer service skills were totally non existent then, and they obviously haven`t improved in the intervening 23 years ! I also remember asking him if he could fit a replacement diff which, if he`d have done it at the same time the car was stripped down, he could have done in about 10 minutes, but he couldn`t be bothered, so I had to restrip the whole back end of the car down to fit it, it took hours....... He`d be an old geezer now though surely, has he still got a moustache ?

Interestingly Malcolm Woods customer service skills also left much to be desired, is that an "autotrade thing" ? Actually it can`t be because I`ve used Ghia Garage down on Penistone Rd for years and years, and the owner (Mick Charles) has first class customer service.

Archived