Guttering draining onto property

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding what the law would say. My neighbor has two buildings, one has been there for quite a while whilst the other was only built this year. Both have the guttering draining straight onto our property.

I had a search on google but all i could find was legislation on how much drains into the sewer etc, if anyone could shed a little light on the subject it would be great.

it just collects off of the roof, goes into the gutter and then drains onto our grass through an open drain down pipe.

retep that article looks perfect, it states categorically that you cannot channel water off or roofs onto someone else's property. cheers.

Too right. Your neighbour can't do this. He/She has to build drains to channel collected water from their roofs away from your property.

Hope you get it sorted. Talk to em nicely first.

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding what the law would say. My neighbor has two buildings, one has been there for quite a while whilst the other was only built this year. Both have the guttering draining straight onto our property.

I had a search on google but all i could find was legislation on how much drains into the sewer etc, if anyone could shed a little light on the subject it would be great.

We had to ask our neighbor to sort their guttering as it was leaking onto our shed. They eventually did it but they took their sweet time getting round to doing it.

Have you asked them to sort it?

Archived