Advice needed on painting please

Any advice will be appreciated im preparing a bedroom to paint ive stripped walls , filled and rubbed walls so ready to go .Im goin to do 2 coats first in white do i start with the ceiling then walls and last gloss the skirting boards.Also in the white i have matt and silk what do you reccomend for 2nd coat to the ceiling i usually use silk but someone said best to do ceiling in matt :help:

Any advice will be appreciated im preparing a bedroom to paint ive stripped walls , filled and rubbed walls so ready to go .Im goin to do 2 coats first in white do i start with the ceiling then walls and last gloss the skirting boards.Also in the white i have matt and silk what do you reccomend for 2nd coat to the ceiling i usually use silk but someone said best to do ceiling in matt :help:

Do the ceiling in matt for both coats.

If the walls are not going to be white as the final colour than both coats need to be in mat and don't forget to let each coat have at least 12 hrs between coats.

Matt for ceilings 2 coats, 1 base coat matt on walls, 2 top coats of silk however if walls are not white then just do 2 full coats of the color. Acrylic primer on woodwork and then gloss.

Regarding 12 hours between coats that a little excessive, all waterbased paints are recoatable in 4-6 hours.

Thanks all

Also got a bar in garden but walls hav been rendered so apparently will take lots of undercoat so am I ok to water paint down if So what is the standard formula plz?

Use proper masonry paint for rubble and read instructions.Good value is Leyland or Dacrylate opposite Tescos,S6.

Applying a more matt finish over a silk one may cause crackling

Silk is a finish which is easier to clean

Matt gives a better finish on ceilings as satin shows any flaws up more

If you've for a mix of satin and matt for the walls, and want to use it up, consider mixing both together... but you'll need to mix it all thoroughly in one batch else it'll come out patchy

Archived