Able people on benefits should help improve community surroundings..

Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?

• Yes with training and tools provided by the council
    • No
    • Maybe
    • No - but if enforced, I will start looking for employement.

That’s a stereo type view; we all take it for granted for all the services that are provided by the council. Look at social housing being privately managed and people who have to deal with the private companies like Sheffield Homes have chosen for the services to return back to Sheffield City Council Management. Also the council services are all determined by the people WE elect.

I think the council should give all their jobs to the unemployed.That way you might drop on some workers with more than one brain cell.

Making the unemployed do meanal tasks for pittance money would be no more than slave labour.

There are many unemployed not because they want to be but because they cannot find work.

Most companies who have been allowed to use cheap laboured schemes just abuse it and the council would be no different.

How long would it take for the council to lay off workers they pay to replace them with ones they dont have to.Ironically the same people thrown on the dole could get their jobs back :)

No!

If the councils or other employers have work available then they should pay proper wages for it to get done.That way money goes into the economy and improves things for everyone.

Last year HMRC estimated that the total UK tax gap in 2010/11 the level of aggressive avoidance and evasion by UK residents and businesses was £32 billion. This is equal to almost a quarter of the deficit.

But hey...why waste resources on trying to claw some of it back when it's easier to hound benefit claimants!

Last year HMRC estimated that the total UK tax gap in 2010/11 the level of aggressive avoidance and evasion by UK residents and businesses was £32 billion. This is equal to almost a quarter of the deficit.

But hey...why waste resources on trying to claw some of it back when it's easier to hound benefit claimants!

Hey but when they have done that, who are the next targets ? The deficit has got to be payed by someone ! Could it be you ?

Hey but when they have done that, who are the next targets ? The deficit has got to be payed by someone ! Could it be you ?

Unlikely to be me since I fall well into that category of people who even the coalition hard liners are scared out of their wits by. I'm a pensioner! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived