Able people on benefits should help improve community surroundings..

Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?

• Yes with training and tools provided by the council
    • No
    • Maybe
    • No - but if enforced, I will start looking for employement.

Utter, unadulterated rubbish! You are being lied to and led by the nose by a pack of liars in parliament who are engaged in a concerted campaign to demonise the unemployed. Wakey Wakey!

Swami sorry but there are some people like that, not many but they are out there, how do I know; 15 years in the department has taught me sadly.

What is the view of members on able people who are claiming benefits and not working to help maintain the community surroundings such as?

Litter picking,

Removing Graffiti,

Clearing leaves,

Snow clearing etc.

I would much rather people on benefits, such as JAS, spend 100% of their time getting back on their feet and getting into employment.

I would rather see someone employed, on a full time wage doing things such as, Litter picking, removing Graffiti, clearing leaves, snow clearing etc.

It's not rubbish, I have seen it with my own eye's

Utter, unadulterated rubbish again!

Just how many people do you profess to have seen?

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 19:20 ----------

Swami sorry but there are some people like that, not many but they are out there, how do I know; 15 years in the department has taught me sadly.

I'm not denying that there are scroungers, there always will be but to give the impression that scrounging is endemic smacks of a very poor understanding of what is really going on.

It makes my blood boil to see working class people turning on each other because of Tory liars spreading their vile ideology and doing what they have always done...dividing and ruling!

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 19:27 ----------

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 19:20 ----------

I'm not denying that there are scroungers, there always will be but to give the impression that scrounging is endemic smacks of a very poor understanding of what is really going on.

It makes my blood boil to see working class people turning on each other because of Tory liars spreading their vile ideology and doing what they have always done...dividing and ruling!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/voters-brainwashed-by-tory-welfare-myths-shows-new-poll-8437872.html

Read some of the comments that people have written and I go to the job centre on a regular basis to look for jobs in my field. I hAve seen too many people park up on back street and collect the money and happy days. Go to the job centre and you will see too many people taking the **** out of the system

Read some of the comments that people have written and I go to the job centre on a regular basis to look for jobs in my field. I hAve seen too many people park up on back street and collect the money and happy days. Go to the job centre and you will see too many people taking the **** out of the system

So how many is too many then? How many have you seen?

And perhaps you may care to explain how you have seen anyone collecting money from a job centre?

How in hell's name do you know how many people are doing what you say when you visit a job centre? Are you psychic? Related to Mystic Meg perchance?

So how many is too many then? How many have you seen?

And perhaps you may care to explain how you have seen anyone collecting money from a job centre?

How in hell's name do you know how many people are doing what you say when you visit a job centre? Are you psychic? Related to Mystic Meg perchance?

How do you think you're helping decent people looking for work by pretending scroungers don't exist and opposing ideas to root them out?

It's the scrounging idle scum that give jobseekers a bad name, you're part of the problem not the solution by opposing efforts to get them out of the system.

Now you word it like that, it makes better reading; and on that I will concur. What I have found out about SF it is the best place to bash the, unemployed, smokers, disabled, less well off, according to lots on here the majority of disabled are faking it.

I'll let anyone walk in my shoes for 24 hours

How do you think you're helping decent people looking for work by pretending scroungers don't exist and opposing ideas to root them out?

It's the scrounging idle scum that give jobseekers a bad name, you're part of the problem not the solution by opposing efforts to get them out of the system.

Re my bold.

Read post 43!

Where did I say I was opposing ideas to root out scroungers?

The "problem" as I see it is the gullible people who have rings in their nose. All the better to be led by the crap feeding Tory politicians who delight in posts like yours.

You are talking about a relative drop in the ocean!

Can't remember you from any of the threads about MPs who claim for things most hard working people pay for out of their wages...£400 per month for food for instance while people starve in hospital...heating costs while 20,000

old people die from cold related illnesses(2012 figures)...I could go on and on ad nauseum but believe all the rubbish you are fed. You are easy meat for the Tories!

Re my bold.

Read post 43!

Where did I say I was opposing ideas to root out scroungers?

The "problem" as I see it is the gullible people who have rings in their nose. All the better to be led by the crap feeding Tory politicians who delight in posts like yours.

You are talking about a relative drop in the ocean!

Can't remember you from any of the threads about MPs who claim for things most hard working people pay for out of their wages...£400 per month for food for instance while people starve in hospital...heating costs while 20,000

old people die from cold related illnesses(2012 figures)...I could go on and on ad nauseum but believe all the rubbish you are fed. You are easy meat for the Tories!

Has anyone said rooting out the scroungers is going to make the economy magic and super? No. It's one of many avenues. But rooting out the scroungers needs to be done because it's right, you're throwing up a strawman that its an economic game changer, nobody is suggesting that.

I've been vociferous in the MP's expenses threads so you clearly have a short memory.

Get rid of the feckless idle isn't going to remotely solve all our problems but at a minimum it makes them a bit more manageable.

Has anyone said rooting out the scroungers is going to make the economy magic and super? No. It's one of many avenues. But rooting out the scroungers needs to be done because it's right, you're throwing up a strawman that its an economic game changer, nobody is suggesting that.

I've been vociferous in the MP's expenses threads so you clearly have a short memory.

Get rid of the feckless idle isn't going to remotely solve all our problems but at a minimum it makes them a bit more manageable.

This is not about scroungers! How many more times?

It has absolutely sweet fanny adams to do with scroungers. In the last 30 years of my life I have seen the working man lose most of the rights he fought for for 200 years or more slowly eroded and it is continuing apace under these aerosols (think that's how you spell it) in parliament and now I see the same working man turning on his fellow man because that man is jobless often through no fault of his/her own. Far more often than a scrounger scrounges.

If you have been vociferous on MP's expenses then I apologise unreservedly. :)

Archived