Able people on benefits should help improve community surroundings..

Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?

• Yes with training and tools provided by the council
    • No
    • Maybe
    • No - but if enforced, I will start looking for employement.

True, but long as they worked for their pension by paying National Insurances stamps, it's up to the government to support them now.

Without going into too much details, everyday I see too many people dodging the system - it's not just the able bodies that decide not to work, but the ones that do work and dodge the system by not paying taxes and then claiming benefits illegally and committing fraud. Money is getting tighter and any government has no options but to make the system tighter.

We will lose the wonderful system that we had in this country, if people decide to commit fraud, don't support the state system and become more responsible for their community. As money gets tighter, the education system will suffer, the NHS is already in a mess and will get worse, utility bills are already unmanageable and if councils cannot operate, there will be more privatisation in theory to save money. But we all know, it will lead to unacceptable services that we have from transport, waste collection, Sheffield Homes, Kier and now Amey, because all they want to do is make profit and keep their shareholders happy.

but only 3% of the "social" budget goes to the unemployed - whereas over 50% of the budget is paid to pensioners - hence my question.

Swami, take a chill pill.

1) I am not going to quantify for you how many people I see taking the biscuit out of the social as you very well know there will thousands in the UK,

2) Go outside the job centre on Rockingham Street and the one at the back of Angel Street and you will see the point am making.

3) If you read my earlier post, I mentioned that I was made redundant as an Engineer from Corus Steel and rather than sign on, I took the first available job to get back into work. I go to the job centre 2-3 times a week to see if there are any jobs in the field that am qualified in rather than working in retail for the rest of my days.

4) I wouldn’t trust any politicians as far as I could throw them, no matter what party they are from as all they care about is votes and getting elected.

5) It’s an open debate, express your point without calling people names, getting angry and being assertive. Thank you.

Regarding point 1 above. I know nothing of the sort!

I believe that your assertion about how many scroungers there are is a figment of your imagination constructed from the incessant lies coming from the mouths of politicians on the right.

Point 2. It matters not one jot where I go because without questioning everyone I see there I have no idea if they are scrounging or not. What if I were to see you there? What if I believed you were a scrounger?

Point 3. I sincerely wish you every success in your search.

Point 4. We are in total agreement! Always tell the voter what the voter wants to hear.

Point 5. Yes I am angry! I am angry for what I consider good reason too. I will not sit back idly and see the lies that issue from the mouths of Tory scumbags being used on a public forum to denigrate working class people because of a FEW scroungers.

I don't insult you as a person because I have never met you. I will defend to the utmost my right to say you are talking a load of dingo's kidneys when you are talking a load of dingo's kidneys. I hope you appreciate the difference.

In conclusion let me give you this quote from YouGov on the matter. "People who know least about the facts are the most hostile."

Please read the link I posted in post 43 to understand more fully why YouGov are saying that. :)

Regarding point 1 above. I know nothing of the sort!

I believe that your assertion about how many scroungers there are is a figment of your imagination constructed from the incessant lies coming from the mouths of politicians on the right.

Point 2. It matters not one jot where I go because without questioning everyone I see there I have no idea if they are scrounging or not. What if I were to see you there? What if I believed you were a scrounger?

Point 3. I sincerely wish you every success in your search.

Point 4. We are in total agreement! Always tell the voter what the voter wants to hear.

Point 5. Yes I am angry! I am angry for what I consider good reason too. I will not sit back idly and see the lies that issue from the mouths of Tory scumbags being used on a public forum to denigrate working class people because of a FEW scroungers.

I don't insult you as a person because I have never met you. I will defend to the utmost my right to say you are talking a load of dingo's kidneys when you are talking a load of dingo's kidneys. I hope you appreciate the difference.

In conclusion let me give you this quote from YouGov on the matter. "People who know least about the facts are the most hostile."

Please read the link I posted in post 43 to understand more fully why YouGov are saying that. :)

Thats interesting because you are demonstrating some hostility.

Thats interesting because you are demonstrating some hostility.

My, my aren't you the observant one! :rolleyes:

Now try taking it in context of the link I provided.

Just because Tory ministers repeat a lie often enough it will never make it the truth!

I think forcing people to work for their benefits is nothing more than slavery.

We have a market system for labour. That is the defence of capitalism. If we are taking work off of one man, to force another man to do it, then that is a gross injustice. If there is work available, then give people paid employment to do it.

I agree with some of the points you made, but I am referring to jobs that would improve ones own community. There are hundreds of ways you could improve a community without taking jobs from the market. Look at the Sheffield HERB project as an example and I am sure there will more out there.

We have a market system for labour. That is the defence of capitalism. If we are taking work off of one man, to force another man to do it, then that is a gross injustice. If there is work available, then give people paid employment to do it.

Well said Sir. I have taken my hat off to you and am waving it in the air with one hand whilst typing with the other! :cool:

My, my aren't you the observant one! :rolleyes:

Now try taking it in context of the link I provided.

Just because Tory ministers repeat a lie often enough it will never make it the truth!

Disagreeing with what they say doesn't make it a lie or make people that repeat it scumbags, but calling someone a scumbag does demonstrate your hostility to those whom have a different opinion.

Same here, well said.

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 12:01 ----------

Disagreeing with what they say doesn't make it a lie or make people that repeat it scumbags, but calling someone a scumbag does demonstrate your hostility to those whom have a different opinion.

No, it's the fact that it isn't true that does that.

Archived