Able people on benefits should help improve community surroundings..

Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should people on benefits help maintain community surroundings?

• Yes with training and tools provided by the council
    • No
    • Maybe
    • No - but if enforced, I will start looking for employement.

I think forcing people to work for their benefits is nothing more than slavery.

I agree, everyone should be given a free house and enough to live on with no strings attached, it would make society much farer, why should anyone have to work when work just gets in the way of our leisure activities. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 12:04 ----------

Same here, well said.

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 12:01 ----------

No, it's the fact that it isn't true that does that.

Not realy anyone can make an inaccurate statement without lying if one thinks what they are saying is the truth.

I agree

Good. The first wise thing you've ever said. ;)

everyone should be given a free house and enough to live on with no strings attached

I presume you're being ironic, in order to undermine what I said.

Firstly, I don't think people should be given free houses and free money. They should be supported when they're unemployed so they are not homeless though, which is different.

Secondly, you don't really think they should either. Why you've picked irony as your tactic, we shall see.

why should anyone have to work when work just gets in the way of our leisure activities. :rolleyes:

People should work. People should work without the fear of the state pushing unemployed people into their jobs, and thus making them unemployed as a result.

Disagreeing with what they say doesn't make it a lie or make people that repeat it scumbags, but calling someone a scumbag does demonstrate your hostility to those whom have a different opinion.

The only "scumbags" I referred to were the Tory toads who create and then perpetuate the lie that the economy is ruined by benefit scroungers.

The vitriol on various threads directed towards the unemployed is unforgiveable IMO and unwarranted in the vast majority of cases.

I have never, in my 5 years here, referred to a fellow forum member as a scumbag. I'm bigger than that.

It's perfectly ok with me to hold a different opinion to mine. However, if I think it's nonsense and BS I will uphold my right to disagree as vehemently as I see fit.

Good. The first wise thing you've ever said. ;)

I presume you're being ironic, in order to undermine what I said.

Firstly, I don't think people should be given free houses and free money. They should be supported when they're unemployed so they are not homeless though, which is different.

Secondly, you don't really think they should either. Why you've picked irony as your tactic, we shall see.

People should work. People should work without the fear of the state pushing unemployed people into their jobs, and thus making them unemployed as a result.

I used sarcasm because I just don’t understand why some people think it is wrong to give money to people and expect them to do something in return. It’s the way of the world and the way humans have always existed, you do something and get some back.

I agree, everyone should be given a free house and enough to live on with no strings attached, it would make society much farer, why should anyone have to work when work just gets in the way of our leisure activities. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 12:04 ----------

Not realy anyone can make an inaccurate statement without lying if one thinks what they are saying is the truth.

Looks to me like you are beginning to show your true colours on this subject.

I will say this once more and then we can agree to differ. They are lying Tory scumbags engaged in demonising unemployed workers for ideological gain.

The only "scumbags" I referred to were the Tory toads who create and then perpetuate the lie that the economy is ruined by benefit scroungers.

The vitriol on various threads directed towards the unemployed is unforgiveable IMO and unwarranted in the vast majority of cases.

I have never, in my 5 years here, referred to a fellow forum member as a scumbag. I'm bigger than that.

It's perfectly ok with me to hold a different opinion to mine. However, if I think it's nonsense and BS I will uphold my right to disagree as vehemently as I see fit.

Point 5. Yes I am angry! I am angry for what I consider good reason too. I will not sit back idly and see the lies that issue from the mouths of Tory scumbags being used on a public forum to denigrate working class people because of a FEW scroungers.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, this appeared to be aimed at any Tory supporter on this forum that is of a different opinion to you on this subject.

I used sarcasm because I just don’t understand why some people think it is wrong to give money to people and expect them to do something in return. It’s the way of the world and the way humans have always existed, you do something and get some back.

Then argue for scrapping the benefits system and coming up with something new. Forcing people to work for benefits is incorrect and unjust. The system wasn't made that way, and trying to add forced labour on creates other problems.

Looks to me like you are beginning to show your true colours on this subject.

I will say this once more and then we can agree to differ. They are lying Tory scumbags engaged in demonising unemployed workers for ideological gain.

What true colours, I've always been of the opinion that if one is capable of working then one should work, and if that means working for benefits I don't have a problem with it. There are plenty of jobs that need doing and plenty of people given money for doing nothing, why is it a major issue expecting them to do something for the money they now receive.

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 12:26 ----------

Then argue for scrapping the benefits system and coming up with something new. Forcing people to work for benefits is incorrect and unjust. The system wasn't made that way, and trying to add forced labour on creates other problems.

It doesn't need scrapping it just needs changing; I would call it work for benefits, so if someone falls on hard times and loses their job the state finds them something to do and pays them enough to survive until they find something better.

Archived