Heathrow terminal 5

long shot here but has anybody here stopped in the premier hotel at heathrow the one at number 420 (another one is at number 16). the reason i want to know is i'll be there next month and dont fancy 3 meals and the night on the bevy at hotel prices. looking at terminal 5 they have 2 wetherspoons in terminal 5 but is it walking distance from the hotel. tried looking on google earth but you cant get on a lot of the roads with earth once you get near the airport. national express run a hoppa bus to and from the airport but its 4 quid 1 way. i would be grateful of any advice.

Hi, I stayed there quite recently and it's definitely not walking distance, there is a little pub just down the road a few hundred yards that does food and other places pretty close, I certainly wouldn't bother going to the terminal to eat.

long shot here but has anybody here stopped in the premier hotel at heathrow the one at number 420 (another one is at number 16). the reason i want to know is i'll be there next month and dont fancy 3 meals and the night on the bevy at hotel prices. looking at terminal 5 they have 2 wetherspoons in terminal 5 but is it walking distance from the hotel. tried looking on google earth but you cant get on a lot of the roads with earth once you get near the airport. national express run a hoppa bus to and from the airport but its 4 quid 1 way. i would be grateful of any advice.

Don't know if you know but you can use the London buses that travel around Heathrow for free.

Link to Heathrow free travel zone. http://www.heathrowairport.com/static/Heathrow/Downloads/PDF/travel_around_Heathrow.pdf

I personally wouldnt bother heading to T5 for something to eat, although the 5 tuns pub pre security at T5 is nice, if you're staying at the premier inn at the far end of bath rd near T5, it does have a McDonald's next door plus as scottf posted there is a pub just down the road about a 5 minute walk called the white horse.

Link to pub http://oldenglishpub.co.uk/

Thanks for that both pieces very usefull i'd no idea about the free transport and all i could find on google earth were more hotels. the pub down the road looks very nice might go down for a late tea then stop for a while. got to be checking in for 9 so it could be safer having breakfast in the airport. thanks again. mel

Thanks for that both pieces very usefull i'd no idea about the free transport and all i could find on google earth were more hotels. the pub down the road looks very nice might go down for a late tea then stop for a while. got to be checking in for 9 so it could be safer having breakfast in the airport. thanks again. mel

If you're going to have breakfast at T5 and you don't have access to the British Airways Galleries Lounge, I highly recommend Gordon Ramseys Plane Food on the upper level of departures after passing through security.

No stopping at hotel at terminal 5 but flying from 4 main reason is national express buses all stop at 5 but very few at 4, i thought it would be easier to get hotel near bus stop then sort it out in the morning, maybe they have one of these ramsey places in 4

How long does it take to get from terminal 5 to terminal 4?

If landslide at T5 you can........

You can catch the Heathrow Express train from Terminal 5 to Heathrow Central then change to the Heathrow Connect train to Terminal 4. Services are free if connecting between terminals and no ticket is needed. Time wise is quite quick.

If airside, i.e flight connections, just jump on the free transfer bus.

Archived