Television Licence increase

With it's move to a "tax" rather than a "service charge" there's talk of it being split between broadcasters. Personally I think the BBC do a pretty good job, but they make an awful lot of content I'm not ever going to experience so would rather they cut back and kept the price down.

Still, we've not got much choice on whether to pay it or not have we?

I'm a BBC fan, but I still think that the licence fee is wrong. Although the BBC do provide a good range of programs, the licence fee is a compulsory tax, so even those who dislike and never watch the BBC still have to pay for it. Compare this with Sky, where if you like Sky you pay for it, and if you don't like it you don't pay for it.

It's such a con..........what else does everyone have to pay for, even if they never use it! :loopy:

I suspect it's little more than a way of pandering to the rightwing hang-em-and-flog-em brigade by jailing thousands of single mothers for non-payment

its an outrage :o :o , we seem to be paying for repeats and boring reality tv shows, and home decorating crap and dull boring soaps.

Heard on the radio its £131.50 :o

You could be right. I just heard the 130 and saw red. just listened to news again but not mentioned

Archived