Television Licence increase

Do what I have just done, take your TV to blackstock, cancel your license and rearrange your furniture. The saving on the License is nearly £150per year.

don't forget to go here and declare to the license plods that you don't need one

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/what-if-a-tv-licence-is-not-needed-top12/

It does annoy me that there is no option to choose, "don't watch any TV because I am not interested".

It would be nice if that would clarify using Virgin's OnDemand service because I don't think I watch any programmes "live".

i did that once and got fined £100 for the trouble,

the tv licence is scandalous but while everybody still pays it they get away with it,

they don't. I don't and haven't got fined.

I did declare I didn't need one and was told that I would not receive further communication from them for a year. Then I got a letter saying I will need a licence if blah blah blah and another saying an enforcement officer may come round. None of this matters though as I do not watch live tv.

But I don't actually "want" a TV anyhow.

If they arrive with a search warrant I am quite happy to allow them to look around my home as there is no TV equipment anyhow of any description.

yes there is, your PC is capable of receiving tv transmissions so would be viewed as such by tv licencing!!!

Archived