What do I need, to get Freeview? - Can anyone help?

sugarnspice1

You cannot receive analogue tv anywhere in the UK anymore, you cannot buy a new analogue tv anymore.

If you buy a TV in the shop it will be able to receive freeview, unless it's a freesat TV.

TVs still come without freeview built in

Just buy a freeview box from Argos for a tenner.

You might need a new aerial depending on reception.

Agreed. This is your best/cheapest option if you've got a tv currently that still works but doesn't have freeview built in :)

Since the digital changeover we can no longer receive film 4 ,Al Jezerah

(spelling?) or Russia today, although our next door neighbour who has the identical Sony freeview TV set can.

She gets 100+ channels but we get 85.

We also have a freeview box with the same result.

(spelling?) or Russia today, although our next door neighbour who has the identical Sony freeview TV set can.

Did you retune it?

Most tv aerials can happily receive digital signals since they turned off analogue and cranked up the digital signal. Without opting for a possible unnecessary upgrade, the only sure fire way to tell is to try a digibox.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 09:08 ----------

That could be because you are picking two transmitters up at the same time, your aerial might be better than your neighbours. I think they call it channel interference. If you are picking up from emley moor delete all your channels and do a manual scan of these channels. 47 44 41 51 52 48.

I have the same problem and this solved it for me.

All the other transmitters and repeater channel transmissions are listed online.

I don't think 41 does anything but is listed as a channel on the emley moor site.

That could be because you are picking two transmitters up at the same time, your aerial might be better than your neighbours. I think they call it channel interference. If you are picking up from emley moor delete all your channels and do a manual scan of these channels. 47 44 41 51 52 48.

I have the same problem and this solved it for me.

All the other transmitters and repeater channel transmissions are listed online.

I don't think 41 does anything but is listed as a channel on the emley moor site.

CH 41 from Emley moor is for the Freeview HD service which requires HD equipment to convert the signal.

Archived