Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

To be honest, I am really astonished at what I read on this thread, and on this forum in general. Half the time you cant have a reasoned discussion because a few people start saying utter guff like 'which laws do you choose to obey' etc etc

It really is a strange strange forum

Dont use it then if you find it strange....

However.... ppc invoices are just that and are only subject to the law of contract......

Also , the lady who started the thread ,did so thinking there was a "Fine" to pay to the PPC , but she is now fully aware she has NOTHING to pay ,and has thanked people on here for making her aware she dosnt have to pay.

So , thats another unsuspecting motorist who will now keep their money in their pocket.

Also , the lady who started the thread ,did so thinking there was a "Fine" to pay to the PPC , but she is now fully aware she has NOTHING to pay ,and has thanked people on here for making her aware she dosnt have to pay.

So , thats another unsuspecting motorist who will now keep their money in their pocket.

RESULT at end of day

To be honest, I am really astonished at what I read on this thread, and on this forum in general. Half the time you cant have a reasoned discussion because a few people start saying utter guff like 'which laws do you choose to obey' etc etc

It really is a strange strange forum

that line is reserved for use on people who think they can break the speed limit with impunity and is copyright Gym_Rat

Yes plenty , which is a shame

Lots just wont be educated

I got ticketed on the city college grounds a few months ago. Something like £80, which increased to £120 unless paid immediately. I actually remember saying to my friend that if they'd requested a reasonable amount I probably would have coughed it up, after all I did park illegally. It's just the extortionate amount which gives me the urge to use the PCN as toilet paper.

I got ticketed on the city college grounds a few months ago. Something like £80, which increased to £120 unless paid immediately. I actually remember saying to my friend that if they'd requested a reasonable amount I probably would have coughed it up, after all I did park illegally. It's just the extortionate amount which gives me the urge to use the PCN as toilet paper.

i agree

If they charged £20/30 for example more people would prehaps just pay (i am not changing my stance on PPC invoices) but for this kind of figure it wouldnt be so much of a concern for people

i agree

If they charged £20/30 for example more people would prehaps just pay (i am not changing my stance on PPC invoices) but for this kind of figure it wouldnt be so much of a concern for people

It's what makes the PPC a poor business model.

Charge £15 (equivalent of a day's parking roughly) and people would grumble, but more would pay it. It's the same as bank charges for failed direct debits. A tenner - fair enough, as our money is our own responsibility. £40 a time - ridiculous, leading to the billions the banks paid out in claims.

I think most wouldn't be too upset if this whole are was legislated - sensible charges, by non-cowboy companies, without the ridiculous threats of bailiffs etc. Done properly, I think few would complain too much.

Archived