Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

It's what makes the PPC a poor business model.

Charge £15 (equivalent of a day's parking roughly) and people would grumble, but more would pay it. It's the same as bank charges for failed direct debits. A tenner - fair enough, as our money is our own responsibility. £40 a time - ridiculous, leading to the billions the banks paid out in claims.

I think most wouldn't be too upset if this whole are was legislated - sensible charges, by non-cowboy companies, without the ridiculous threats of bailiffs etc. Done properly, I think few would complain too much.

Agreed totally.

It's what makes the PPC a poor business model.

Charge £15 (equivalent of a day's parking roughly) and people would grumble, but more would pay it. It's the same as bank charges for failed direct debits. A tenner - fair enough, as our money is our own responsibility. £40 a time - ridiculous, leading to the billions the banks paid out in claims.

I think most wouldn't be too upset if this whole are was legislated - sensible charges, by non-cowboy companies, without the ridiculous threats of bailiffs etc. Done properly, I think few would complain too much.

Totally agree with you. Its the sheer greed which equates to attempted extortion that motorists are up in arms about. Also the way these PPC`s go about trying to get money out of motorists that is really wrong. The lies they tell, the threats in their letters, the fake solicitors letters etc. These companies rely on scaring people into paying ,and no doubt some do feel intimidated enough to pay.

i've had the full list of fake letters so far i think, the last one from roxburgh solicitors being quite realistic right upto the point it went in the bin. no court papers or bailifs as threatened.....

Ive had the usual threats of Bailiff`s being sent to my house to remove goods blah blah blah , but of course they never appear . I have had a Roxburgh letter informing me they are going to "Sell" on my "Debt" to a debt collection company but i can stop this happening by settling in full within 14 days. :hihi: I dont mind the letters ,as my dogs love playing with them when i screw them up into a ball , then when they have had their fun i simply chuck the letters on the open fire .

Ive had the usual threats of Bailiff`s being sent to my house to remove goods blah blah blah , but of course they never appear . I have had a Roxburgh letter informing me they are going to "Sell" on my "Debt" to a debt collection company but i can stop this happening by settling in full within 14 days. :hihi: I dont mind the letters ,as my dogs love playing with them when i screw them up into a ball , then when they have had their fun i simply chuck the letters on the open fire .

Owners of car parks and other pieces of land can decide who, if anyone, is allowed to park on that land, and any restrictions that they wish to place on those parking.

Why do you choose to park in contravention of the wishes of the landowner?

Owners of car parks and other pieces of land can decide who, if anyone, is allowed to park on that land, and any restrictions that they wish to place on those parking.

Why do you choose to park in contravention of the wishes of the landowner?

I dont , i always pay ,but sometimes anyone can overrun their ticket by a few minutes. It happens all the time. A meeting can overrun , but what is wrong is PPC`s thinking they can hold motorists to ransom, try to extort large amounts of money from them , lie to them, and try to scare them into paying unenforcable invoices. These private parking companies blatantly lie to motorists in their signage, their websites ,and their letters. This is wrong ,pure and simple.

I dont , i always pay ,but sometimes anyone can overrun their ticket by a few minutes. It happens all the time. A meeting can overrun , but what is wrong is PPC`s thinking they can hold motorists to ransom, try to extort large amounts of money from them , lie to them, and try to scare them into paying unenforcable invoices. These private parking companies blatantly lie to motorists in their signage, their websites ,and their letters. This is wrong ,pure and simple.

Genuine question..aren't these "unenforceable invoices" just as enforceable as one for anything from any other company?

Archived