Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

I think it may only be a matter of time before the new rules are tested at court.

But it does need to be tested and some clarity given with regards reasonable costs.

What new rules?

The only remedy a court can or will award for a breach of contract is real and provable damages, these won't include administration costs I don't think.

But how do they get the demands in the first place? By not reading the signs or parking where they shouldn't.

It really is a totally avoidable situation.

or by genuinely being allowed to park there, yet out of human error forgetting to make it obvious that this is the case.

(ahem..you know..just as an example)....

People are not infallible.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 13:21 ----------

Oh, thread hijacked somewhere in the middle, I missed it. :o

yes sorry I hijacked

Don't you mean "invoice"?

Semantics my friend, you all knew what I meant.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 14:51 ----------

What new rules?

The only remedy a court can or will award for a breach of contract is real and provable damages, these won't include administration costs I don't think.

The new rules that came in in October.

Hey I have a great idea.

If parking companies employed barriers at all their car parks and the only way you could get in was by entering a credit or debit card and then when you left if there had been any infractions the cost was taken from the details already left.

Problem sorted.

Archived