Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

Many people- esp. those who are older than average.

You are kidding, my 93 year old grandad has both

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 16:18 ----------

I havnt , and ive had a few going back a couple of years. All ive had is the usual hamster bedding through the post .

I meant with regard to the new rules.

But how do they get the demands in the first place? By not reading the signs or parking where they shouldn't.

It really is a totally avoidable situation.

But seeing as the signs are lying or at best misleading , that should tell you something. Good example with these signs is they all clearly state you are entering into a contract with the parking company by parking there. Erm...... no you arnt entering into anything of the sort.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 16:34 ----------

You are kidding, my 93 year old grandad has both

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 16:18 ----------

I meant with regard to the new rules.

The last one i received was in November .

monkey.

the new laws make no difference to the uneforceability of these invoices

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

So the AA don't know what they are talking about?

From 1 October 2012

Wheel clamping banned

Parking control companies can pursue vehicle keeper for any unpaid parking charge notices

An independent appeal service (POPLA) will allow drivers to challenge a parking charge notice

If you are parking on any private land, you are legally trespassing unless you have a legal reason to be there.

From 1 October (2012) enforcement action cannot involve use of a wheel clamp or vehicle removal, and most infringements will be dealt with by issuing parking charge notices.

The parking charge notice will either be put on the offending vehicle or, as happens frequently now, the non-compliance will be detected by camera and a parking charge notice will be sent by post to the vehicle keeper registered with DVLA.

Only parking enforcement companies who are members of the British Parking Association’s (BPA) approved operator scheme (AOS) are allowed to obtain vehicle keepers’ details from the DVLA.

a friend of mine has received a parking ticket from parking in a disabled space at meadowhall, yesterday. its issued by PCM and she is wondering if it is enforceable or not. can anyone help with this please?

if your friend is disabled and displaying her badge and photo with expiry date she should not pay,

the thing is that many people think we will be ok theres no wardens around and park on disabled or parent and child bays, there as been many times iv'e not been able to use a dabled bay because non disabled park in them these non disabled don't realize that some people like me use mobile scooters and i need room at the back to get my scooter out, it's unfair they should use these bays iwonder if they would like it if i came and parked on their drive, if anyone who parks in these bays reads this please think about us i can't get round with out my noddy car, i and people like me wish we didn't have to use them and walk round like fit people. one more thing its those drivers who borrow there relatives badges ot god forbib steal them think of others before you park THERE WILL BE PEOPLE WATCHING YOU WHO WILL IMFORM THE WARDENS AND THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES

So the AA don't know what they are talking about?

If you are parking on any private land, you are legally trespassing unless you have a legal reason to be there.

The are "Invoices" , not charges. They are merely requests for money.

If i sent you an invoice for £80 ,would you pay me . ?

So why would the AA, who are the official voice of the motorist, advise that if you receive a fine, to pay it.

They are not fines, private companies cannot fine you ,they can merely send you a speculative invoice requesting payment. only the council and police can fine you .

Archived