Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

Yes but that was back in May, prior to clamping being made illegal.

The assumption, well on my part, is that these fines are the income for these companies and their employees.

If no one is going to pay up surely they will look at new ways in which to prosecute the offender.

But the is no offender/prosecution

I suggest before you comment again on private parking issues such as this that you (and other uneducated people) read this judgement.

Look at the findings. Find out what a genuine pre estimate of loss is.

Then come back to me and tell me what you (and others) have learned

NEXT

Thats the reason i posted it mate, as it spells out nice and clear the reasons as to why parking invoices are totally unenforcable. Sadly some people still dont see it .

You provide the facts , a legally binding court Ruling ,yet some people still dont believe you.

Thats the reason i posted it mate, as it spells out nice and clear the reasons as to why parking invoices are totally unenforcable. Sadly some people still dont see it .

You provide the facts , a legally binding court Ruling ,yet some people still dont believe you.

Yes, but do you think these parking companies sending out fines are just going to go away.

There is a lot of money involved and they will find new ways to extort the fines and control parking ie, prepay using credit/debit cards. Because once you have had your card debited it is harder to get money back.

And the AA are still advising you pay.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 21:33 ----------

But the is no offender/prosecution

I suggest before you comment again on private parking issues such as this that you (and other uneducated people) read this judgement.

Look at the findings. Find out what a genuine pre estimate of loss is.

Then come back to me and tell me what you (and others) have learned

NEXT

So, because some people have read an official site and you don't like what is being written you class them as uneducated.

Nice way to get your point across.

Yes, but do you think these parking companies sending out fines are just going to go away.

There is a lot of money involved and they will find new ways to extort the fines and control parking ie, prepay using credit/debit cards. Because once you have had your card debited it is harder to get money back.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 21:33 ----------

So, because some people have read an official site and you don't like what is being written you class them as uneducated.

Nice way to get your point across.

I prefer to make my decisions based on hard evidence , and you cant get any more clear cut than a legally binding court judgment .

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 21:40 ----------

Im quite happy to take the advice of a high court judge rather than a Breakdown company. If a judge rules parking invoices are unenforcable ,then thats good enough for me.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 21:45 ----------

The AA are just spurting BPA written material.

Now once you have read the judgement please tell me your thoughts.

What do you think is the essence of what the judges were saying?

This would be the BPA who include our old friend Simon Renshaw among its decision makers. How can the BPA be unbiased when it board is totally made up of PPC directors.

The whole argument seems to be based on VCS not having the right to form a contract between motorists and themselves to claim damages for trespass on property that is not theirs.

So as I have said, there is a lot of money at stake here, they are not going to go away and will find other ways to extort money.

Here's another possible example.

VCS approach landowner and say " ok we can not claim on your behalf for trespass so here is what we shall do. Issue fines in your name and you receive the payment. For each payment you receive we take our cut. For any that do not pay we will apply to the small claims court in your name and take our cut from that.

Just thinking outside the box.

The whole argument seems to be based on VCS not having the right to form a contract between motorists and themselves to claim damages for trespass on property that is not theirs.

So as I have said, there is a lot of money at stake here, they are not going to go away and will find other ways to extort money.

Here's another possible example.

VCS approach landowner and say " ok we can not claim on your behalf for trespass so here is what we shall do. Issue fines in your name and you receive the payment. For each payment you receive we take our cut. For any that do not pay we will apply to the small claims court in your name and take our cut from that.

Just thinking outside the box.

You mean speculative invoices . :)

You mean speculative invoices . :)

no, he meant invoices - for the sake of this thread imagine there are clear signs 6ft high on entry and around the car park saying parking free for 2hrs - £80.00 if you stay longer than that.

are you saying I as the actual landowner cannot enforce that charge?

Archived