Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

From a moral standpoint - NOT legal..

The recipient of the ticket should bin it, and chop a leg off.

OK, it may not be LEGALLY enforcable, but what does it say about people who, when told "please stay out of disabled spaces provided to help those with mobility problems", reply "no, don't HAVE to!"

Before clamping was banned, I had this theory (which I never tried) that you could put a sticker on the wheels of your car to say something like "Anyone who fits a clamp to this wheel agrees to me cutting it off with an angle grinder". Anyone putting a clamp on would be entering into a contract to have it cut off. It seemed to me to be as valid as the parking companies claim that someone parking a car has entered into a contract with the parking company.

no, he meant invoices - for the sake of this thread imagine there are clear signs 6ft high on entry and around the car park saying parking free for 2hrs - £80.00 if you stay longer than that.

are you saying I as the actual landowner cannot enforce that charge?

As the landowner ,yes you can go to the small claims court ,as long as you can prove you have suffered a financial loss due to me parking on your land. Where as a private parking company cannot try to claim losses as they are not acting with your authority ,and have no right to, and most importantly they have NOT suffered any loss due to me parking on your land. Hence the reason why invoices issued by these companies are unenforcable.

As the landowner ,yes you can go to the small claims court ,as long as you can prove you have suffered a financial loss due to me parking on your land. Where as a private parking company cannot try to claim losses as they are not acting with your authority ,and have no right to, and most importantly they have NOT suffered any loss due to me parking on your land. Hence the reason why invoices issued by these companies are unenforcable.

i`m not bothered about the PPC, and I`m not bothered about any "loss"

I have charged you £80 for parking for 3 hrs, just the same as McD`s will charge you for a burger - are you seriously saying I cannot claim?

Before clamping was banned, I had this theory (which I never tried) that you could put a sticker on the wheels of your car to say something like "Anyone who fits a clamp to this wheel agrees to me cutting it off with an angle grinder". Anyone putting a clamp on would be entering into a contract to have it cut off. It seemed to me to be as valid as the parking companies claim that someone parking a car has entered into a contract with the parking company.

It would be equally as valid

i`m not bothered about the PPC, and I`m not bothered about any "loss"

I have charged you £80 for parking for 3 hrs, just the same as McD`s will charge you for a burger - are you seriously saying I cannot claim?

Unless you routinely charge everyone £80 for 3 hrs parking then no, you cannot claim (or rather you can, but you will lose).

Presumably there is some level at which a court would accept that it's a valid charging structure and not a hidden penalty.

<3 hrs - Free

>3 hrs - £15

Maybe, if £15 was a high, but not completely unreasonable charge... This will probably be the next thing to be introduced by PPC's. Even if it's

People using shop - Free

Otherwise £4/hr.

Wait until someone uses the car park several times for a couple of hours each time, and it's almost worth taking them to court at that point to prove the point. Not a penalty charge, but they genuinely owe, 6hrs * £4/hr, £24 for parking + costs if the court will award them.

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 08:17 ----------

They then put a sticker on the wheel clamp saying "anyone who damages this wheel clamp enters into a contract to buy it for £500".

Archived