Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

That is absolutely correct and all the parking company would have to do was show the car park was full on each of those occasions and there were people who thus were unable to park and it would be a slam dunk in court.

They would win their losses. Let's call the losses £5.00 and with the facts proved they could sue for that loss. Only.

The remedy for a breach of contract does not include a penalty.

I wasn't necessarily arguing over figures,just the accuracy of the information on that page...

Personally I'd like to see figures of how many use the car parks daily and what fraction get ticketed, and for what reason.

Sadly the reps for the parking management companies don't carry themselves off well on here and act rather unprofessional. Didn't the last one make some rather unsavoury homosexual claims about a certain poster?

Whilst there are some instances of the companies making a mistake, most of the time the people who get ticketed never bothered to read the signs and make a very flimsy excuse (too busy, signs were too high or too small), or deliberately do it because they know the consequences are unenforceable.

Personally I'd like to see figures of how many use the car parks daily and what fraction get ticketed, and for what reason.

Sadly the reps for the parking management companies don't carry themselves off well on here and act rather unprofessional. Didn't the last one make some rather unsavoury homosexual claims about a certain poster?

Whilst there are some instances of the companies making a mistake, most of the time the people who get ticketed never bothered to read the signs and make a very flimsy excuse (too busy, signs were too high or too small), or deliberately do it because they know the consequences are unenforceable.

I've been driving for a long time and had one parking ticket (was from a council)..it was snowing..the ground was covered.. I'd parked between 2 cars in a car park..when I returned I'd been ticketed..the snow had gone and I saw that I'd been parked over the white line for the space I was in..obviously couldn't see this at the time of parking,,just assumed the other 2 cars were parked OK..oh well...I appealed but to no avail..the photo was taken after the snow had gone and the line was vsible..the other 2 cars had also left..don't know if they got a ticket too..

Sometimes people genuinely overrun their ticket by a few minutes through no fault of their own only to either find an invoice on their windscreen or one in the post for vast amounts of money ,which are totally out of proportion for exceeding the parking you have paid for. Yes, you may owe another £1 for the time you have parked, but not £80 . This amount makes it a penalty ( private parking companies are NOT allowed to charge penalties or fines).

The whole argument over PPC`s invoices is the attempted extortion of motorists, the threatening fake solicitors letters, the lies , the bullying . The High court ruling i posted yesterday shows these parking compaines for what they are............ cowboys.

no, he meant invoices - for the sake of this thread imagine there are clear signs 6ft high on entry and around the car park saying parking free for 2hrs - £80.00 if you stay longer than that.

are you saying I as the actual landowner cannot enforce that charge?

i`m not bothered about the PPC, and I`m not bothered about any "loss"

I have charged you £80 for parking for 3 hrs, just the same as McD`s will charge you for a burger - are you seriously saying I cannot claim?

No you wouldn't as the charge is clearly penal in nature.

jb

Sometimes people genuinely overrun their ticket by a few minutes through no fault of their own only to either find an invoice on their windscreen or one in the post for vast amounts of money ,which are totally out of proportion for exceeding the parking you have paid for. Yes, you may owe another £1 for the time you have parked, but not £80 . This amount makes it a penalty ( private parking companies are NOT allowed to charge penalties or fines).

You do have a point, but to compare it with the council - if you overstay you're fined £70, which is reduced to £35 if paid promptly (which raises the question if they're happy to accept £35 why are they charging £70?), but can rise to £105.

Neither £35, £70 or £105 is in proportion for exceeding the parking you have paid for, or overstayed by, going by your logic (if you are not factoring in admin costs).

So why are you not a "motorists champion" for these parking contraventions? Is it just because the council is a more powerful force than a private parking company?

Archived