Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

Also , in this case Renshaw Smith from VCS was ordered by a judge to appear before him to explain why he had pursued Mr Ibbotson when he had ‘no lawful contractual assignment of authority to do so’.

http://www.democracyforum.co.uk/talk-about-anything/110206-entire-private-parking-ticket-business-model-has-just-fallen-apart.html

Presumably because of something similar to point 3 again, which is why I earlier made the point that it is possible for a company to form a contract with a landowner in order to charge for parking on that land (but in these cases and in general with PPCs that has not happened).

It's different for an NCP because the land owner is the same company that is charging for the parking, so there is no question that they have the right to do that.

Presumably because of something similar to point 3 again, which is why I earlier made the point that it is possible for a company to form a contract with a landowner in order to charge for parking on that land (but in these cases and in general with PPCs that has not happened).

It's different for an NCP because the land owner is the same company that is charging for the parking, so there is no question that they have the right to do that.

Without a doubt, yes the landowner does have the right, but weather they bother chasing up a few Quid thats a different matter

If someone infringes the parking conditions inposed by a private landowner or his contractror then I can see no reason why he should not impose fines.

They are NOT fines, they are speculative Invoices issued by private parking companies who cannot enforce them . They are totally worthless. A parking company cannot impose conditions on motorists using a car park either.

Only the police and local authority's can issue fines and penalties.

Interesting question for you...

Out of boredom, I did a few Land Registry searches, and NCP don't own the land on which they operate in most of the Sheffield locations, as far as I can see. Presumably, they lease it (I wasn't paying for the info to check that - can't really see that going down well at work).

If they lease it, what if, for example, Staple lease their car park to some PPC? The ownership argument goes out of the window I'd suggest.

I don't agree fully with a lot of the legal points made on here, suffice to say even working in the job I do, I wouldn't pay one of the invoices, but still, I wonder if that route has been considered?

Leases (from memory of land law years ago) don't have to be for a relevant value to be legal by the way. A lease for £1 for 99 years gives a very legal interest in the land that puts them on an equal ownership footing to say NCP.

If someone infringes the parking conditions inposed by a private landowner or his contractror then I can see no reason why he should not impose fines.

Only the police / courts / councils can impose fines.

Private bodies can not do so.

Read statute of Marlborough

Anything else you need correcting on?

Archived