Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

i was with her she is pregnant and really ill with it at the moment and needed a toilet desperately. she was only driving past not actually visiting meadowhall, and was there less than 10min. it was very busy, and no spaces nearby were available. thats the story of why she is so 'inconsiderate'. now pls, just advice on the question i asked. thanks staffy23.

No it is not enforceable as some has already said it an invoice, the only enforceable parking tickets are issued by the council or the police. However you really should not park in disable parking spaces it doesn't matter what the excuse is. I'm disabled and it bothers me very much.

No it is not enforceable as some has already said it an invoice, the only enforceable parking tickets are issued by the council or the police. However you really should not park in disable parking spaces it doesn't matter what the excuse is. I'm disabled and it bothers me very much.

No they shouldnt have parked in a disabled bay ,and many of us have critisized them for doing so ,but even so , they have nothing to pay. Granted they will have the irritation of the fake solicitors letters dropping on the doormat ,but they are easily binned.

and I think most people think it morally wrong to take a disabled space without having a badge.

therefore, the derision the OP has received from the majority of posters will probably make her think twice about doing it again, and quite rightly too.

and that will work far better than bog paper fines!

and I think most people think it morally wrong to take a disabled space without having a badge.

therefore, the derision the OP has received from the majority of posters will probably make her think twice about doing it again, and quite rightly too.

and that will work far better than bog paper fines!

Invoices :)

I tend to roll them and the fake solicitors letters into balls and let the dogs play with them , then when they are bored i throw them on the open fire.

still waiting for pictures - suitable defaced, not a problem.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 07:29 ----------

No , when you come and fit me a carpet , i have asked you to come and fit me a carpet, IE, i have entered into a contract with you , so when you give me my invoice for the carpet fitting i will pay you. When you park in a car park ,you havnt entered into a contract with anyone, hence the unenforcable invoices.

I once sat on a deckchair on the beech at Blackpool - try telling the ticket collector I didn`t owe him!

I got on a tram once before buying a ticket - try telling them I don`t have to pay

You entered into a contract by using my facilities

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 07:31 ----------

Your first scenario was different from your second. Try reading again for comprehension.

Yes, you can charge for parking. No, you can't charge a penalty for overstaying.

jb

I suggest you do the reading - I havn`t mentioned over charging, you did.

Seems your not so cut and dry.

Correct, and because of this you are allowed to sue for any damages you have suffered. In a free car-park this is zero.

In a charging car park where the cost is £1.00 per hour, you can charge £1.00 for each hour over, or indeed proportionately smaller sums.

If private parking companies sued like that they would win. But it isn't about parking and references to what happens on your land is irrelevant.

It is about making money by issuing speculative invoices disguised as fines.

I once sat on a deckchair on the beech at Blackpool - try telling the ticket collector I didn`t owe him!

I got on a tram once before buying a ticket - try telling them I don`t have to pay

Correct i did ,and you could sue me if i didnt pay you the £1 for using your deck chair. But if you employ a company to take monies from people using your deck chairs ,and they issued invoices for large amounts of money to people who didnt pay, those invoices would be worthless. You ,as the owner can take me to court to re-coup any proven losses you may have suffered, but a contractor running the deckchairs on your behalf cannot issue speculative invoices demanding payment for massive amounts of money which is out of all proportion to the losses incured for non payment.. See the difference. ?

Correct i did ,and you could sue me if i didnt pay you the £1 for using your deck chair. But if you employ a company to take monies from people using your deck chairs ,and they issued invoices for large amounts of money to people who didnt pay, those invoices would be worthless. You ,as the owner can take me to court to re-coup any proven losses you may have suffered, but a contractor running the deckchairs on your behalf cannot issue speculative invoices demanding payment for massive amounts of money which is out of all proportion to the losses incured for non payment.. See the difference. ?

it`s not speculative though, you`ve used my deckchair, you agreed to the charge when you sat down, nothing to do with me suffering losses - see where your problem is?

I regularly use 3rd parties to take people to court.

Archived