Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

still waiting for pictures - suitable defaced, not a problem.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 07:29 ----------

I once sat on a deckchair on the beech at Blackpool - try telling the ticket collector I didn`t owe him!

I got on a tram once before buying a ticket - try telling them I don`t have to pay

You entered into a contract by using my facilities

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 07:31 ----------

I suggest you do the reading - I havn`t mentioned over charging, you did.

Seems your not so cut and dry.

Post 230. Try again.

jb

In a charging car park where the cost is £1.00 per hour, you can charge £1.00 for each hour over, or indeed proportionately smaller sums.

If private parking companies sued like that they would win.

thank you

or indeed whatever sum I wish per hour over my free limit, I would also be looking at adding costs that could include the cost of collecting the sum, providing the staff on site and all my admin and legal fees

better get saving P999

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 10:40 ----------

Post 230. Try again.

jb

you dont seem to be able to understand the difference so shall be ignored as your adding nothing.

GR

thank you

or indeed whatever sum I wish per hour over my free limit, I would also be looking at adding costs that could include the cost of collecting the sum, providing the staff on site and all my admin and legal fees

better get saving P999

you dont seem to be able to understand the difference so shall be ignored as your adding nothing.

GR

You still do not understand what a penalty charge is. Your wilful ignorance is somewhat refreshing. Please, do keep us abreast of your first court case to recover charges, I'll be the one pointing and laughing at you as you lose.

jn

thank you

better get saving P999

GR

Try again. However you try and dress it up , speculative invoices will never be enforcable . Parking companies can issue as many as they like ........ they are worthless. You know it, i know it , even Judges have passed legally binding judgements saying it. PPC`s are a blight on society ,and more and more people are now finding out they do not have to pay these invoices .

Try again. However you try and dress it up , speculative invoices will never be enforcable . Parking companies can issue as many as they like ........ they are worthless. You know it, i know it , even Judges have passed legally binding judgements saying it. PPC`s are a blight on society ,and more and more people are now finding out they do not have to pay these invoices .

its not speculative, you have used my facilities and by doing so agreed to pay me a fee, I as the landowner have billed you accordingly.

if you don`t pay I can take you to court - why do you find that so hard to grasp

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 13:33 ----------

You still do not understand what a penalty charge is. Your wilful ignorance is somewhat refreshing. Please, do keep us abreast of your first court case to recover charges, I'll be the one pointing and laughing at you as you lose.

jn

and you don`t understand we`re not talking about penalty charges, no need for the snidy comments, makes you look silly.

I really don't understand why there's all this fuss about parking fines.

If you obey the Terms and Conditions of using private car parks then you won't get a fine, be they legal or otherwise.

You mean "Invoice" :)

Only the police/council/ courts can issue fines.

thank you

GR

Err no......all those things are business expenses. If you issued no speculative invoices they would still have to be paid.

Have a look at this - it's a judge talking to a solicitor for a parking company.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231

Pages 4/5 are the bits you need.

Pregnant women do really think they own the planet and can do what they like. Disable people do not have a choice for their disability but pregnant wowen do.

Just playing devil's advocate here for a minute, what about somebody who is raped, and doesn't find out until after 24 weeks that they are pregnant (thus rendering an abortion a non-option).

Not that I'm saying that's a commonplace occurrence or anything, but it's entirely possible.

Not that I'm saying that pregnant women have the right to park in disabled spots regardless, but the point is that you can't just come out and say that all pregnant women have a choice for their condition, because that's not ALWAYS the case.

It's off topic, I do realise that, but I just wanted to make the point.

On the flip side, somebody could have become crippled due to a nasty snowboarding accident. One could argue that they had brought that condition upon themselves by taking up extreme sports.

Archived