Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

He walked in and said he had got a parking "Fine" and they wanted £100 , then passed me the ticket ,and surprise ,surprise it was an Invoice from VCS. I ownder if anyone else has had some VCS junkmail left under their wipers down there tonight.

It would be fun following the parasite round and sticking your own notice under their wipers stating you don't have to pay. :hihi:

Our daughter has just come back from the cinema at Meadowhall retail park , and her boyfriend has had an "Invoice " left under his wipers from our friends at VCS demanding £100 if paid within 28 days or £60 if paid in 14 days.

He was parked in Centretainment in an end parking bay ,and the bay didnt have a white line on the outside edge of the bay . Anyway his "Invoice " says he is in contravention of parking bay markings (contravention No 86).

He was going to pay this as he didnt realize he didnt have to pay ............. until i put him straight and told him to bin it . I feel a warm glow inside ,as ive just saved him £100.

oh good, you can scan that one in and show everyone - suitably censored of course.

except you know full well, you can`t.

no mate, they are your opinion of what you think you know, if the signage has been changed your stuffed.

Nope I know the vcs judgement inside out, I know enough about pre estimate of loss to send you to sleep.

I know about the law of agency.

Its nothing to do with the signage at the end of the day in all honesty....

not parked in a bay then? thats irritating too, but still, the invoice is worthless

He was in a bay ........ the end bay on a row ,but there wasnt a white line on the outside edge of the bay , so some moron from VCS thought they would try it on and give him an invoice for "parking outside of bay" Apparently it contravenes rule 86 of their parking rules. Thats what they have put on the invoice anyway. There is a list of parking contraventions written on their invoice which will get you an invoice issued ,and that is one of them.

More hamster bedding or you could do a popla appeal to waster their time and a little bit of cash

Its the first one he`s ever had ,and he thought it was a fine until i put him straight. On the back VCS offer you the chance of a "Verbal Appeal" whatever that is. :confused: Anyhow , needless to say he wont be paying it .

Link please, or you just talking gonads. ? :huh:

This thread, posts 13,21,130,188,205,208,210,229,297,305,314,327,349,354,360,365,376,378.

Fair enough it is mainly penistone raging against the word.

Harestone I apologise I did not mean to lump you with the anti-fine group.

Believe it or not I actually agree with what you say with regards not paying these unfair charges but could we not have one mega thread for this or if someone types in the words "parking" "fine" "do I" "have to pay it" they are automatically taken to a site that says. "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY"

He was in a bay ........ the end bay on a row ,but there wasnt a white line on the outside edge of the bay , so some moron from VCS thought they would try it on and give him an invoice for "parking outside of bay" Apparently it contravenes rule 86 of their parking rules. Thats what they have put on the invoice anyway. There is a list of parking contraventions written on their invoice which will get you an invoice issued ,and that is one of them.

you mean there was a line on one side and a kerb on another?

a council started issuing tickets for a parking space like this because the cars werent parked between white lines

Just read through VCS vs HMRC judgement, fantastic stuff. When my wife and I had trouble with Excel years ago, the Sheffield Star legal guy said Excel would have to prove we cost their client (Mothercare) loss of earnings and therefore haven't got a leg to stand on. They had no chance because the car park was half empty and we spent £200+ at Mothercare whilst parking there. Now the ruling states Excel/VCS doesn't even have the right to bring action at all.

We conclude that in this case VCS did not have a contractual right to occupy or have possession with the effective control that is necessary if Dutton is to apply. The mere right of access afforded under the contract by the client to VCS did not give VCS any right to bring an action in trespass against the motorists who parked their vehicles in breach of the relevant restrictions.

People should stick a notice on their front doors saying letters are only allowed a max. of 2 hours stay. Then send Excel/VCS an invoice for exceeding the allotted time on your doormat. Obviously you would need to pretend the invoice is legal by giving it a legal sounding name, for example PCN - Postman Control Notice and take a couple of photos of the letter on your doormat with a clock next to it. :)

Stuart

Archived