Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

you mean there was a line on one side and a kerb on another?

a council started issuing tickets for a parking space like this because the cars werent parked between white lines

It could have been at the end of this row:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Valley+Centertainment,+Broughton+Lane,+Sheffield,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=53.400399,-1.414433&spn=0.000318,0.000871&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=54.665451,114.169922&oq=centertainm&t=h&hq=Valley+Centertainment,+Broughton+Lane,+Sheffield,+United+Kingdom&z=21

All the other rows have a kerbed off raised bit of wasteland at the end, bar this one.

So please don't be rude again and call people lairs ,you need a lesson in good manners .

So how would you like people to refer to you when you tell lies?

If you stick to telling the truth folk won't call you a liar. It's that simple.

They went to the cinema and All i know is he told me he was parked in and end bay and there wasnt a white line on the outside edge of the bay . Ive read ticket and it says he contravened rule 86 .... parking outside of bay markings.It wont be getting paid anyway ,as its just another case of VCS trying it on with their worthless invoices.

Does that mean it's not a parking space then?

If it's not got a defining edge of a white line or kerb I'd say not. The aerial photo isn't clear, it looks like there's restricted space there due to a light or something.

I certainly wouldn't risk it, it could be that there's restricted space when turning the corner and your car could get clipped.

I remember a few years ago almost getting blocked in at the retail park because a car had parked at the end of this block of spaces:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Handsworth,+sheffield&hl=en&ll=53.405609,-1.413907&spn=0.000318,0.000871&sll=52.509418,-1.938412&sspn=0.020765,0.055747&t=h&hnear=Handsworth,+South+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&z=21

I was parked in that block of five to the left. I was OK because I reversed into my spot but a guy next to me couldn't reverse out.

Archived