Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

If it's not got a defining edge of a white line or kerb I'd say not. The aerial photo isn't clear, it looks like there's restricted space there due to a light or something.

I certainly wouldn't risk it, it could be that there's restricted space when turning the corner and your car could get clipped.

I remember a few years ago almost getting blocked in at the retail park because a car had parked at the end of this block of spaces:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Handsworth,+sheffield&hl=en&ll=53.405609,-1.413907&spn=0.000318,0.000871&sll=52.509418,-1.938412&sspn=0.020765,0.055747&t=h&hnear=Handsworth,+South+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&z=21

I was parked in that block of five to the left. I was OK because I reversed into my spot but a guy next to me couldn't reverse out.

I wouldn't have parked in the "space" in your fist link either..

The Bing map looks clearer:

http://binged.it/WDqqn4

I'd say that's not a space. But in the fear and panic of not seeing the start of the film I'm sure its often a place where cars are parked.

But Centertainment should shoulder some of the blame for not being consistent.

Another angle: http://binged.it/WAoTkG

I wouldn't generally park in a space that doesn' have either a kerb or a white line at both sides..so far only one parking ticket in over 35 years..my plan seems to work.. :)

Same here. I tight-fistedly put money in for just one hour's parking when doing a mortgage because the solicitor said it "shouldn't take more than an hour" and it ended up being 75 minutes.

But I seriously worry about what kind of people are on our roads when common sense going straight out of the window during parking just so they can get parked up quickly and as close to the door as possible, without any consideration for anyone else or even their cars.

Same here. I tight-fistedly put money in for just one hour's parking when doing a mortgage because the solicitor said it "shouldn't take more than an hour" and it ended up being 90 minutes.

But I seriously worry about what kind of people are on our roads when common sense going straight out of the window during parking just so they can get parked up quickly and as close to the door as possible, without any consideration for anyone else or even their cars.

"Consideration"? What's that then.. ? :) That appears to be the biggest thing missing on the roads...As I've said before on other threads I do around 40k miles a year and try to be courteous and not get into rages..I still get to where I need to be at the time I need to be there..I don't understand why some other people have a huge problem driving..

id say that they werent spaces to park in.

and its not wasteland, its green space :P

If we shouldnt park in the disabled bay does the same rule apply to them parking in the bays where we should Park...You can always guarantee empty disabled parking spaces at meadowhall but have to drive round for ages to get a normal bay.

I did notice a sign in town the other day just at the back of the novotel where you can park free for 20 mins if you abuse it you can get a parking ticket and it read this also applies to disabled.

Archived