Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

You can appeal but you'll get knowhere ... the offence is failure to display the badge or valid parking ticket. Happened to me with a pay and display ticket that blew onto the seat when I closed the tailgate, appealed and had to pay up as it was refused.

Unless its a police or council ticket, just bin it as it is of no validity!

Correct, it is an invoice ,not a fine ,and should be ignored along with any further fake solicitors letters. They should only respond if they receive actual court papers , which of course we all know will never happen .

• 4 weeks later...
I have just been reading on pepipoo that the law has been changed, does anyone know how that relates to pcm as I had a ticket at meadowhall at christmas, and have just recieved a 2nd demand for £95.

As Eckolad rightly says, the invoice you received is worthless ,and the other threatening letters they will send you are equally worthless. Just ignore anything they send you .

If drivers were to park according to the T&C of the car park - be it public or private - then there would be no need for such a lengthy discussion as to whether the fines or invoices were legal or otherwise.

If you park insensible in a public car park you are liable to get a fine.

If you park without the owners permission on a private car park, which could be classified as trespassing, then I can see no reason why you should not be penalised.

If drivers were to park according to the T&C of the car park - be it public or private - then there would be no need for such a lengthy discussion as to whether the fines or invoices were legal or otherwise.

If you park insensible in a public car park you are liable to get a fine.

If you park without the owners permission on a private car park, which could be classified as trespassing, then I can see no reason why you should not be penalised.

Private parking companies who run car parks on private land CANNOT set terms and conditions on motorists ,and CANNOT enter into a contract with motorists who park in that car park.

Points 3, 4 and 5 of this high court ruling explain everything

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=70585

I'm glad this is here. My wife got a ticket from PCM around xmas time. She was taking her disabled mum shopping and so was parked accordingly with her badge in place. However PCM issued a ticket saying 'parked in a disabled bay not clearly displaying a valid disabled badge'.

When i asked her she said some of it maybe have been partially covered by our tax disc but it was displayed and it is valid. We ignored the inital 'fine' but today i (as registered owner of the vehicle) received a letter demanding i pay the £95 or under the protection of freedom act must do one of three things - appeal, pay or name the driver at the time.

Do we just continue to ignore as this thread says?? Cheers

I'm glad this is here. My wife got a ticket from PCM around xmas time. She was taking her disabled mum shopping and so was parked accordingly with her badge in place. However PCM issued a ticket saying 'parked in a disabled bay not clearly displaying a valid disabled badge'.

When i asked her she said some of it maybe have been partially covered by our tax disc but it was displayed and it is valid. We ignored the inital 'fine' but today i (as registered owner of the vehicle) received a letter demanding i pay the £95 or under the protection of freedom act must do one of three things - appeal, pay or name the driver at the time.

They were handing them out at drakehouse ,just outside T K Maxx last week ,I did have a giggle though as the fella came back and said I can use that wipe my backside on as its unenforceable :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:What was odd though the fella had only been there 25 mins ....x

Yes you just ignore. The protection of freedoms act does not say that at all.

Archived