Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

If it was very busy and she was feeling rough, how come she was only 10 mins?

Sick of hearing all these lame excuses, I've been pregnant twice, it's not an illness, stop thinking you and yours can do as you want, try thinking of other people for once...:rant:

Perhaps you should practice what you preach. Perhaps the person you're slagging off was ill at that time. God, there are some real muppets on here today!!:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should practice what you preach. Perhaps the person you're slagging off was ill at that time. God, there are some real muppets on here today!!:rolleyes:

What are you on about dear..:) "practice what I preach"...

BTW, I've got a blue badge, but I don't park in mother and child bays, because that's the kind of person I am..:)

As for your childish "muppets" rant..oh dear! :rolleyes:

I only went through 2 pages of Pepipoo Forum, and found these court cases

HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE

Default Judgement

Default Judgement

Enough???

to totally throw your point out of the water, yes your links do that nicely. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

i take it you did actually look at the links before posting? Lets take your default judgement ones.

First one has the following in it so people dont need to link through

"A while ago UKCPS managed to get a default judgement over a parking ticket. Peter Hasbeen had the cheek to put this on his oh so lovely website.

The Person in question had no idea about this until they received a letter advising them of the judgement and so asked one of our helpful experianced peeps to help sort this out.

Well i am pleased to say this has been done. Below is the transcript of the email:

Thank you for your help

I applied to Northampton court to have the judgement set aside with the paperwork you provided and also included in email from the company where i was parked. The day before I went on holiday I received notification that a hearing had been set for yesterday (the day I was back from holiday!).

On returning home, I had two letters waiting for me from UKCPS. One was a copy of a letter to the court from UKCPS saying after reading the paperwork it would seem that this was an admin error and they requested to the court that the whole claim be withdrawn. The other was to me apologising for the error.I went to court yesterday and UKCPS did not attend. The judge said that this should never had gone this far and that UKCPS had accepted it was an error. The judgement is being set aside, and they have to pay £150 costs.The CCJ notice link is still on their website, so I`m going to call and speak to the manager today and insist it is taken down from their website with wimmediate effect before I take further legal action.

Thank you again so much for all your help and support with this."

So they managed to get one which was both incorrect, were ordered to pay costs and then further displayed it on their website knowing that it is incorrect.

Your other one is not a complete case, again on the thread people are pointing out that evidence is missing and incomplete which woudl result in any judgement been set aside.

Your other ones show threats of court which appear to eb the norm. you havent produced one legally won and complete case where a company has successfully defended an appeal.

• 2 weeks later...
a friend of mine has received a parking ticket from parking in a disabled space at meadowhall, yesterday. its issued by PCM and she is wondering if it is enforceable or not. can anyone help with this please?

I too was given a parking ticket by PCM several months ago in meadowhall carpark where it is Free parking , I am a pensioner . I was waiting for the renewal of my Blue Badge ,was told continue to use existing one.

I appealed - they did not want to know. I am at the stage of waiting for bailiffs, then after that they say if I dont pay the full amount it will be county court case. I have been told they cannot force payment out of you . As I'm a little infront of you with the proceedings I will let you know whats what.ie when bailiffs come and what happens. Because I AM NOT PAYING THESE ROB DOGS anyway they cannot I see have any rights to take from your savings or anything else without you signing . DONT WORRY . And DONT PAY.

I too was given a parking ticket by PCM several months ago in meadowhall carpark where it is Free parking , I am a pensioner . I was waiting for the renewal of my Blue Badge ,was told continue to use existing one.

I appealed - they did not want to know. I am at the stage of waiting for bailiffs, then after that they say if I dont pay the full amount it will be county court case. I have been told they cannot force payment out of you . As I'm a little infront of you with the proceedings I will let you know whats what.ie when bailiffs come and what happens. Because I AM NOT PAYING THESE ROB DOGS anyway they cannot I see have any rights to take from your savings or anything else without you signing . DONT WORRY . And DONT PAY.

Sorry to hear your story, it sounds awful.

Have you been to court? My understanding is they need to win a court case before Baliffs involved, from various threads these companies dare not take anyone to court because they will lose. I would suggest you raise a thread on Pepipoo to get some proper advice (http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60).

Blue council badges are irrelevant for private parking, they could of written the ticket saying you weren't displaying your tv license. Appeals are a waste of time and makes them realise you are concerned, therefore increasing the pressure. We had an awful time 10 years ago with Mothercare/Excel. Last year we received another ticket for another very odd parking reason, just ignored it and subsequent follow up, never heard anything since.

Stuart

Bailiff's?

You won't be seeing any bailiff's, you'll get a couple of letters that are made to look like a solicitor sent them (but are actually fake) and then they will magically stop.

No-ones' ever been forced to pay these cowboys money, the only people who get in trouble are those who do get issued with court summons and don't bother to attend court to defend themselves.

If you do go to court the case is thrown out.

Bailiff's?

You won't be seeing any bailiff's, you'll get a couple of letters that are made to look like a solicitor sent them (but are actually fake) and then they will magically stop.

No-ones' ever been forced to pay these cowboys money, the only people who get in trouble are those who do get issued with court summons and don't bother to attend court to defend themselves.

If you do go to court the case is thrown out.

All these parking cowboys tend to use a fake solicitors called "Graham Whites Solicitors" ,and although there IS a real solicitor`s called Graham Whites in the UK , their letters just come from themselves and are defiantly fake and just made up by them to try and scare people into paying.

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 10:45 ----------

Firstly the blue badge is issued by the council for use in council controlled car parks and on street parking. The Disabled parking bays in private car parks like Meadowhall are nothing more than a piece of Tarmac with yellow paint on them. You wont ever see Bailiff `s ,they just threaten you with debt collectors ,who have no more right to take money from you than i have.

Just had a interesting thought.

Why doesn't someone start up a "Forum posting management" company. Approach forums and say they will monitor the posts for free and "fine" people that break the rules and then the forum will get 10% of the income. Simples.

All the forum has to do is put up a rules sign, for example 2 adjectives per sentence = £60 fine etc etc. Then when people break the rules, send off invoices, hopefully x% will pay up without arguing.

The answer is no, because no one will pay.

So how do parking management companies get away with it?

The answer is, because legally councils do it, they then mimic their approach and prey on people that don't understand the difference.

Council = Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

Private = Parking Charge Notice (PCN). Sounds the same, but very different. You even see it in the posts, "I received a PCN from meadowhall". No you didn't.

Council = Disabled spaces, blue badge scheme and disabled sign.

Private = Disabled spaces, state blue badge required and disabled sign. Blue badges have no legal enforcement on usage for private land.

NOTE TO TROLLS - Just stating facts, not supporting non-disabled parking in disabled spaces.

Council = Double yellow line as per highway code for no stopping.

Private = Double yellow line as per highway code for no stopping. Again, they look like the ones in the highway code, but very different.

etc

etc

Stuart

Archived