Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

Sorry I thought public threads were to discuss things.

Same advice still applies, if you write back you are admitting the so called "offense", revealing your defense, showing you are concerned and revealing the driver.

Let them knock themselves out chasing up their invoice. They are not the Council, Police or Courts, just because they write to you, doesn't mean you have to respond. What right do they have to ask you who was driving?

I have had one of these invoices (from outside of Sheffield) since last October and a follow-up chaser, I haven't responded and guess what has happened - nothing.

If they take me to court (which they haven't), If the judge doesn't throw it out first (no contract, etc etc), I have proof the shops were shut and the car park was empty, therefore have cost the owners no money. Even if found "guilty" by some bizarre reason, look forward to the judge awarding "reasonable costs and the money the land owner has lost (£0)". Please post links to court cases where the parking company has won and the driver has turned up.

I think this thread has been thrashed to death now and people are starting to get crappy. This will be my last post / read of the thread. Like the parking companies, knock yourself out with replies - I won't read them.

Stuart

Im not knocking the appealing way of dealing with these invoices, its each to their own , but so far i have a 100% success rate with the policy i have adopted in dealing with these invoices. Dozens of invoices , all ignored ,all follow up fake solicitors letters ignored ,and not one court paper has landed on my doormat. I really cant be bothered wasting my time and effort in entering into dialogue with these cowboys , i much prefer to let them waste their money sending out letters for me to ignore. I presently have two invoices where im on my forth threatening letter ( one from Excel and one from VCS ,although in essence its the same company as both are owned by our friend Simon Renshaw Smith) ,and the usual pattern is for them to lose interest and leave you alone after the forth.

ours was before the october change and as i couldn't have been the driver anyway i just ignored the whole shebang, and they have indeed gone away now.

think i had 4 letters, one solicitors letter, no court papers, and i think the last was about 6 or 7 months ago at least.

ours was before the october change and as i couldn't have been the driver anyway i just ignored the whole shebang, and they have indeed gone away now.

think i had 4 letters, one solicitors letter, no court papers, and i think the last was about 6 or 7 months ago at least.

All mine have followed a similar pattern as yours. . Ive never seen a court paper yet .

---------- Post added 13-05-2013 at 18:40 ----------

How much was the fine?

Its not a Fine. Its a speculative invoice .

• 3 weeks later...

Called in MeadowHall today for barely half an hour.

I have a blue badge since I am disabled. Parked in a disabled bay at the side entrance to Debenhams.

Came back to find a parking ticket for parking in a disabled bay.

The blue badge in its holder had fallen on the floor of the car.

The car is a motability vehicle and it says so on the tax disc in the windscreen.

What do I do with this ticket now? Shall I just appeal it and send a photocopy of my blue badge?

Archived