Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

Ive gone on record on here saying able bodied people should NOT use disabled parking bays ,but the disabled parking bays in private car parks are nothing of the sort.

Correct but don't you agree people should not park in them who are more able

And in my opinion deserve a ticket and by law be made to pay the fine where

Ever they park private or not

Correct but don't you agree people should not park in them who are more able

And in my opinion deserve a ticket and by law be made to pay the fine where

Ever they park private or not

You can basically do as you please in a private car park ,we all know that. But yes i agree ,able bodied people should not park in bays set aside for disabled, but the point here is the private parking cowboys blatantly lying by saying they can issue an invoice for not displaying a blue badge .

Parking issues in privately run car parks are civil matters and cannot be enforced.

Very few of them actually NEED the spaces,they arnt there because they have asked for them its just something else pushed on people very few want.The companies dont want them or the strife they cause but they are a stipulation of planning permission.

Even alot of the disabled people get loads of abuse therough these spaces if they are not obviously disabled.

The people who abuse them the most are actually the card carriers families with consent

Very few of them actually NEED the spaces,they arnt there because they have asked for them its just something else pushed on people very few want.The companies dont want them or the strife they cause but they are a stipulation of planning permission.

Even alot of the disabled people get loads of abuse therough these spaces if they are not obviously disabled.

The people who abuse them the most are actually the card carriers families with consent

I have to agree . The blue badge scheme is abused by relatives of the card holders who use it themselves to gain an advantage when parking.

• 10 months later...

I can't believe it. After receiving an email on the 6th March from a Mr Cheakett the Meadowhall Duty Manager stating that he's told PCM to cancel any previous tickets and to never ticket me again, well I received another today.

I called PCM only to be told they are still trying to charge me for 2 previous tickets too that were from before the 6th March. They said they have no record of meadowhall giving them my details and that if I'm not going to pay I need to appeal on their website or by post. So I've done it online stating what I've basically just told you :)

I have to agree . The blue badge scheme is abused by relatives of the card holders who use it themselves to gain an advantage when parking.

And how do you know this? Do you accost every driver of a vehicle parked in a disabled bay?

Or there stats published somewhere?

My wife has a blue badge but I would not dream of using it if she wasn't with the vehicle.

My first email back from Meadowhall Customer Services

Dear Mr ***********

Thank you for your E-Mail regarding PCM.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on the behalf of Meadowhall for these problems you are receiving.

I have personally forwarded your E-Mail on to the relevant department, who will be in contact in due course.

If you would prefer to call us to speak directly, then please don't hesitate to call us on 0114 256 8800.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you, and assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Yours sincerely,

SARAH OLDFIELD

CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR

Archived