Parking ticket from Meadowhall

ammas

who are you reporting them to?

you do realise the gist of the thread is anyone can park in the disabled spaces at supermarkets etc. just the same as you or anyone else can park in parent and child bays, the whole thing has been blown wide open thanks to the sterling work of eckoboy and P999.

but don`t park in council disabled spaces - they are covered under regs.

If you read my earlier post on this thread i did say it is wrong to park in disabled parking bays if you arnt disabled, but i added that the "invoice" was NOT enforcable. What myself and Eccolad and others have pointed out is that invoices issued by private parking companies are not worth the paper they written on and are not enforcable.

it`s the Ying to Staples Yang,anyone can park where they want now.

You don`t still believe the OP`s reason for parking there do you?

Her friend who was driving is pregnant and really ill with it and was desperate for the toilet. She couldn't find any other spaces near to the entrance and only stopped for around ten mins.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 18:01 ----------

i was with her she is pregnant and really ill with it at the moment and needed a toilet desperately. she was only driving past not actually visiting meadowhall, and was there less than 10min. it was very busy, and no spaces nearby were available. thats the story of why she is so 'inconsiderate'. now pls, just advice on the question i asked. thanks staffy23.

Knew I'd find it if i looked hard enough

I report anyone NOT with a blue badge if they are parked next to me.

Actually I didn't realise that Disabled people can also park in the parent and child bays if showing their disabled sticker.

You report them, do you? How graceful. Do you not think that some of them might have an elderly passenger or a person with a broken leg? Ok, not all of them, but some of them may have. Ive taken my 80yr old mum to meadowhell, and SHE nor I have a blue badge, but she is a bit bad on her hip, so a disabled bay near the entrance is just the ticket. I hope one day you report me, and then hope you tell my old mother why. Pathetic.

Her friend who was driving is pregnant and really ill with it and was desperate for the toilet. She couldn't find any other spaces near to the entrance and only stopped for around ten mins.

h

so she said, I say she would have driven past at least three fast food joints with parking nearer a toilet than calling into Meadowhall on the off chance she could get parked.

wonder if the OP just happened to take something back to Next while her friend went off to spend a penny?

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 18:25 ----------

If you read my earlier post on this thread i did say it is wrong to park in disabled parking bays if you arnt disabled, but i added that the "invoice" was NOT enforcable. What myself and Eccolad and others have pointed out is that invoices issued by private parking companies are not worth the paper they written on and are not enforcable.

ergo P999 says park where you want, even if the private landowner would rather disabled persons us the space.

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 18:25 ----------

What are you on about ? or are you getting me mixed up with the other poster Banksia ?

But by the way, we did have to keep a stock of candles in just in case !!!

yes, sorry.

so she said, I say she would have driven past at least three fast food joints with parking nearer a toilet than calling into Meadowhall on the off chance she could get parked.

wonder if the OP just happened to take something back to Next while her friend went off to spend a penny?

How do you know she would have driven past any fast food joints? I don't know where she was going or where she was coming from but I can think of quite a few places I could go to where I pass Meadowhall before any other public places with toilets. I also think that if the ops friend is as ill as some people I know when they have been pregnant she probably couldn't have walked far and therefore in my opinion had a right to use the space and would get a temporary blue badge if they existed. Before anyone says it I know pregnancy isn't an illness and I walked for miles when I was pregnant but some people have complications which means they physically cannot walk far.

She should not have parked in a disabled parking bay , thats out of order , BUT the "Invoice"she recieved is worthless, not worth the paper its printed on and is totally un-enforcable. Tell her to bin it or use it a hamster bedding, but DO NOT PAY ..

ergo P999 says park where you want, even if the private landowner would rather disabled persons us the space.

Above is my post i made on page one of this thread. Please show me where i say anybody who isnt disabled should park in disabled parking bays. I quite clearly critisize the OP for parking in a disabled bay.

Above is my post i made on page one of this thread. Please show me where i say anybody who isnt disabled should park in disabled parking bays. I quite clearly critisize the OP for parking in a disabled bay.

Penistone999, it's like banging your head against a brick wall isn't it ? :huh:

Archived